BERNARD VITET — La Guêpe (review)

BERNARD VITET — La Guêpe album cover Album · 1972 · Avant-Garde Jazz Buy this album from MMA partners
DamoXt7942
Contrary to beautiful phrases, drenched in dangerous flavour with risky shots. The first breaking shot (ah suitable to call as a breaking one) "Et Cetera" is the navigator of Zeuhlish avantgarde mission for us listeners. Superior piano theatre can make this short story finer and more gracious. Anyway, this is only a prologue for a complete madness of life.

The following part "Balle De Fusil Pt. 1 / Hymenoptere" notifies us that the curtain of a trippy fantasia opens, along with aggressive and crazy string dances. As though we would get upon a pink Cadillac, sticky female voices and indescribable beautiful shout (or meaningless original language?) show us scape of psychedelic harmony. Sounds like her voices would get dressed with many pieces of instrumental soundscape ... no scatter nor distortion can be found, amazingly. We should be blown down just upon this moment at first. The next "Trolley Gresilleur" is another wall of sound, flooded with deep horns, an active xylophone, and freaky killa voices. Wonder why we get crazy so easily but no difficulty here. Yes because they get crazy completely, that's the reason, simply. On the other hand, enthusiasm we can get definitely via this craziness ... oh fascinating.

"La Guepe Et Le Fruit", a real avantgarde jazz dreamland, is percussive and funky tribal ceremony. The light-touched percussion is not deep nor rhythmical, but obscure power in it can push us into another dimension. Enough is enough, for colourful experiments in a magical stuff "Toujour Fourree Dans La Nectarotheque", regardless of their simple formation and musical construction. In the last "Balle De Fusil Pt. 2", our freakout spiritual uplift has got higher and higher. Let me say this "La Guepe" is an authentic collection and splendid pioneer of experimental jazz. Surely they drive us mad, through their enthusiasm. Recommended.

Steve Plews Quartet : Cold War Post Bop
STEVE PLEWS
A Gershwin Playground World Fusion
GUY MINTUS
Live In New York & L.A. Fusion
BOB HOLZ

Le*Silo - 3.27830 (Full Album)
LE SILO る*しろう