THE COMET IS COMING — Death to the Planet

THE COMET IS COMING - Death to the Planet cover
4.00 | 1 rating | 1 review

EP · 2017

X1 Start Running
X2 Final Eclipse (Full Version)
O1 March Of The Rising Sun
O2 Ascension

vinyl Leaf ‎– DOCK 64 (UK)

2017 Record Store Day release

Thanks to snobb for the addition and js for the updates

Buy THE COMET IS COMING - DEATH TO THE PLANET music

Amazon (logo)
No release results found : showing artist results instead
Showing 3 items | Cache expiring in 24h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Right Now on Ebay (logo)
0 results found for "the comet is coming" death to the planet
Retry your search with "the comet is coming" on eBay.com website

THE COMET IS COMING DEATH TO THE PLANET reviews

snobb
"Death To The Planet" is only new music released by hottest London jazz trio "The Comet Is Coming" in 2017. And it is even not a true album but vinyl-only four track EP, coming as Record Store Day's limited edition.

Surprisingly, this less than half-an-hour musical collection illustrates last year's burgeoning London scene in a best way, especially looking from the very first days of new 2018 year, right after all those end-of-the-year TV analytics, future modelling and apocalyptic visions.

Differently from trio's first two releases, "Death To The Planet" contains less psychedelic rock and more jazz, mixed with hip-hop and Squarepusher's-style electronic grooves. Songs are dark, tuneful, full of passion and as much commercial as anti-commercial.

This music is easy accessible and danceable, but at the same time it sounds as hottest news soundtrack - you almost can see all these explosions on the streets of European capitals and chemical attacks in Syria, Russians maintaining their nuclear missiles, already placed in occupied Crimea's coast and immigrants boats sinking near African and Italian shores.

This music sounds as rock when it was young, as punk in late 70s, as early Blondie and Talking Heads albums, as Patty Smith and Iggy - it sounds as if best music is socially sharp again and it returns back on the streets.

And to be honest I even feel happy that it's just an EP - in our time when technical abilities so often exceed creative content and artists are filling 80 minutes space of blank CDs with useless sounds just because there still is a bit of empty place, I started liking vinyl album size releases again (doesn't matter is it true vinyl or vinyl album-size CD release), it's always better to stay in silent if you have nothing important to say...

Nothing is revolutionary here - simply from all last year's releases this one possibly sounds closest to real music from the times, when it was a significant part of everyone's life, not a pale soundtrack to ageing, bored and tired of consuming society.

No THE COMET IS COMING DEATH TO THE PLANET reviews posted by members yet.

No THE COMET IS COMING ratings only posted yet.

Melody to My Skull Fusion