MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON — Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet : WHENUFINDITUWILLKNOW

MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON - Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet : WHENUFINDITUWILLKNOW cover
4.00 | 1 rating | 1 review

Album · 2019

1 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Theme - X (Dedicated to Geri Allen) 5:44
2 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Clarity 6 (Dedicated to Fred Hopkins) 4:10
3 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Spin (Dedicated to Baikida Carroll) 4:02
4 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Blue Blue (Dedicated to Bruce Kevin Jackson) 5:40
5 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Clarity 3 6:35
6 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Ah Yay 7:04
7 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Collectors of Social Dismay 7:04
8 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Souvenirs (Dedicated to Jessica Hagedorn) 3:26
9 –Michael Gregory Jackson, Michael Gregory Jackson Clarity Quartet Meditation in E (Dedicated to Karen) 3:33

Michael Gregory Jackson: composer, producer, electric and acoustic guitars, vocals, harmonica, shakers, tambourine and cowbell,
Niels Praestholm: bass,
Simon Spang-Hanssen: alto and soprano saxophones,
Matias Wolf Andreason: drums

Golden ‎– MGJCQ-004 (US)

Basic Tracks Recording Niels Praestholm at Rostec Studio, Denmark. Overdub Recording & Digital Editing Michael Gregory Jackson
at Ingeborg Studio, USA

Thanks to snobb for the addition and js for the updates

Buy MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON - MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON CLARITY QUARTET : WHENUFINDITUWILLKNOW music

Amazon (logo)
No release results found : showing artist results instead
ClarityClarity
$28.00
GiftsGifts
Novus
$13.99 (used)
Showing 6 items | Cache expiring in 72h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Right Now on Ebay (logo)
0 results found for "michael gregory jackson" michael gregory jackson clarity quartet : whenufindituwillknow
Retry your search with "michael gregory jackson" on eBay.com website

MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON CLARITY QUARTET : WHENUFINDITUWILLKNOW reviews

No MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSONMICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON CLARITY QUARTET : WHENUFINDITUWILLKNOW reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

kev rowland
To say that Michael Gregory Jackson is a well-known guitarist who has influenced many others is something of an understatement. Pat Metheny said, *"I have always considered him to be one of the most significantly original guitarists of our generation," while another guitar icon, Bill Frisell, noted, "I first heard Michael Gregory Jackson in 1975 when I moved to Boston. He blew my mind and influenced me a lot. I believe he's one of the unsung innovators." And legendary music critic Robert Palmer wrote of Jackson in Rolling Stone, "By the time he was twenty-one he was already the most original jazz guitarist to emerge since the Sixties." Here he has been joined by Niels Praestholm (bass), Simon Spang-Hanssen (alto & soprano saxophones) and Matias Wolf Andreason (drums), and between them they created an album based on jazz but moving in many different directions. Jackson states his influences are Jimi Hendrix, Wes Montgomery, Son House, Igor Stravinsky, and John Coltrane in equal amounts, not a mix of musicians one would normally put together.

Jackson isn’t content with playing “just” guitar, and there are times when it is blues harmonica which is adding the most important dynamics to a section. For the most part he is happy for Spang-Hanssen to take the lead role, just sitting behind him and then adding touches and solos when the time is right. Praestholm is the person who keeps it all tied together, while Andreason switches between keeping the perfect beat and creating dramatic percussion rhythms which takes the music into new directions. This is fresh, exciting, sometimes built around repeated melodies (such as on “Blue Blue”), while at others it is avant garde and extreme. Far easier to listen to than many albums which attempt to stretch boundaries, it is full of light and a joyfulness which is palpable. This is also available through Bandcamp, so why not have a listen and then decide for yourself.

No MICHAEL GREGORY JACKSON ratings only posted yet.

Anthropocosmic Nest Jazz Related Rock
I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This Vocal Jazz
JEFF GOLDBLUM

Marco Minnemann ‘My Sister’ album trailer
MARCO MINNEMANN
Flutist With Hat And Shoe (by Gebhard Ullmann)
GEBHARD ULLMANN