LARRY VUCKOVICH — High Wall: Real Life Film Noir

LARRY VUCKOVICH - High Wall: Real Life Film Noir cover
0.00 | 0 rating | 0 review

Album · 2008

1. Afro 6/8 Minor Blues (Modern jazz musicians are at home in Afro 6/8 time. I was inspired by Coltrane's version of Mongo Santamaria's "Afro Blue".) 6:23
2. High Wall (First jazz recording of composer Bronislaw Kaper gem from film noir High Wall. He also wrote Invitation and Green Dolphin St.) 7:04
3. Ow! (A tribute to the early '50s bebop era in San Francisco where I was lucky to hear live Dizzy, Miles, Bud performances.) 6:12
4. Put It Where You Want It (Jazz-funk-boogaloo rhythms with strong blues overtones were popular from the '60s onward, led by Joe Sample and the Crusaders.) 5:49
5. View from Telegraph Hill (Written for film noir festival, featuring House on Telegraph Hill, this ballad evokes beauty and mystery of '50s San Franciscio.) 6:44
6. Gypsy Roma Mambo (My arrangement of Dark Eyes, a trad. Russian gypsy song, with hot mambo rhythms & bebop lines, opening with percussive sounds.) 5:24
7. Lolita (This lively piece evokes the authentic bebop rhythms of its composer & my mentor, bebop master Barry Harris.) 4:39
8. What's This? (This is a melodic, contemporary, swinging, edgy piece based on What is this Thing Called Love chord changes.) 5:48
9. Concierto de Aranjuez (Solemn rubato opening moves into a lively 6/8 improvised rhythm with flamenco scales and fiery rhythmic exchanges.) 6:04
10. A Handful of Stars (This solo ballad evokes the melodic, harmonic, and lyrical beauty of the '30s and '40s,) 4:20
11. Lester's Minor Blues (Live bonus track from The Bach, a spirited tribute to Lester Young.) 8:02
12. Locomotion (Bonus live track from The Bach. I first heard this Coltrane song on his Blue Train LP; it has a blues pattern with added bridge.) 7:56

LARRY VUCKOVICH(p),
LARRY GRENADIER(b),
EDDIE MARSHALL(ds),
CHUCK MCPHERSON(ds),
PAUL KELLER(b),
HECTOR LUGO(per),
VINCE DELGADO(per)

Tetrachord 685 (US)

Thanks to snobb for the addition

Buy LARRY VUCKOVICH - HIGH WALL: REAL LIFE FILM NOIR music

Amazon (logo)
High Wall: Real Life Film NoirHigh Wall: Real Life Film Noir
Tetrachord 2008
$8.95
$3.72 (used)

LARRY VUCKOVICH HIGH WALL: REAL LIFE FILM NOIR reviews

No LARRY VUCKOVICHHIGH WALL: REAL LIFE FILM NOIR reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

No LARRY VUCKOVICH HIGH WALL: REAL LIFE FILM NOIR reviews posted by members yet.

No LARRY VUCKOVICH ratings only posted yet.

Petite Fleur Post Bop