The Adventures Of Zodd Zundgren

22 Breathless (Part 2) 0:51
23 Zoot Allures 2:50
24 Yer Fast (Reprise) 0:54
25 Untitled 1:44

* Unlisted Track 25 is: Why You Bustin' My Balls Today?

Bass – Paul Adamy
Drums – Ray Marchica
Piano – Bob Quaranta
Reeds – Barbara Cifelli, Ben Kono, Bill Straub, Cliff Lyons, Phil Chester
Synth, Sampler – Ted Kooshian
Trombone – Charley Gordon , Matt Ingman, Michael Boschen
Trumpet – John Bailey , Ronnie Buttacavoli, Steve Jankowski
Violin [Electric], Violin [Acoustic], Vocals – Katie Jacoby

Cuneiform Records ‎– Rune 440 (US)

Thanks to snobb for the addition

ED PALERMO MP3, Free Download/Stream

No ED PALERMO MP3s available for streaming.

Buy ED PALERMO - THE ADVENTURES OF ZODD ZUNDGREN music

Amazon (logo)
No release results found : showing artist results instead
One Child Left BehindOne Child Left Behind
CUNEIFORM RECORDS 2017
Audio CD$13.00
$12.97 (used)
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com
Right Now on Ebay (logo)
Showing all 2 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 2h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com

ED PALERMO THE ADVENTURES OF ZODD ZUNDGREN reviews

No ED PALERMOTHE ADVENTURES OF ZODD ZUNDGREN reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

kev rowland
There is no doubt in my mind, and also in that of many others, that two of the most important musicians to come out of America in the Sixties were Frank Zappa and Todd Rundgren. They both had/have a unique take on music, and were never afraid to follow their own paths and do exactly what they wanted. I was lucky enough to see Todd in concert, when he made his first appearance on NZ soil a few years ago and he was incredible, but sadly only really started investigating Zappa in the last five years or so, long after his passing. Ed Palermo has now brought together two major influences from his high school years, and has created the album ‘The Adventures of Zodd Zundgren’, which is a homage to both of them. Here we have 25 songs, from either Zappa or Rundgren, fully arranged for his big band. Some are treated as instrumentals, while others do have wonderfully laid-back vocals, and the result is an album that captures the spirit of both of these musicians, and is absolutely essential to anyone who has ever remotely enjoyed their music.

Zappa’s soaring fanfare “Peaches En Regalia” is inspirational, with a particularly eloquent alto sax solo by Cliff Lyons, while a brisk and forthright version of Rundgren’s “Influenza” showcases violinist Katie Jacoby, Palermo reaches deep into the Rundgren songbook for “Kiddie Boy,” a stinging blues from 1969’s ‘Nazz Nazz’. Drawing from the original horn arrangement, Palermo displays some impressive guitar work on a vehicle for Bruce McDaniel’s blue-eye vocals. Napoleon Murphy Brock delivers a poker-faced rendition of Zappa’s surreal “Montana”, (one of my personal favourites, both as the original and on the album) and McDaniel and Brock join forces on Rundgren’s deliriously silly “Emperor of the Highway”.

I really do feel that I could rave about this album for hours, with numbers such as “Song of the Viking” (Todd) just superb with an introductory arrangement for harpsichord and tuba that is inspired. The original was on the classic ‘Something/Anything’, and one has to say that playing one after the other I actually prefer the new version! Apparently Rundgren has also given this release his seal of approval, as I saw some photos on Facebook the other day of him attending one of the gigs promoting this, and having his photo taken with the band. This is an essential purchase, as is the case with many of Cuneiform’s albums.

No ED PALERMO ratings only posted yet.

Giant Steps Hard Bop