Live At The Montreaux Jazz Festival

8.Wages Of Weirdness
9.Take It Off The Top
10.Kathreen
11.Dixie
Bonus Vision 1 The Dixie Dregs Live on 'American Bandstand'
12.Crank It Up
13.Band interview with Dick Clark
14.Bloodsucking Leeches
Bonus Version 2 The Dixie Dregs Live on 'Don Kirshner's Rock Concert'
15.Punk Sandwich

-Steve Morse - guitar
-Mark Parrish - paino, keyboards
-Allen Sloan - violin
-Andy West - bass
-Rod Morgenstein - drums

Recorded at the Casino, Montreux, Switzerland
July 23, 1978

Thanks to slartibartfast for the addition and snobb for the updates

DIXIE DREGS MP3, Free Download/Stream

Buy DIXIE DREGS - LIVE AT THE MONTREAUX JAZZ FESTIVAL music

Right Now on Ebay (logo)
Showing all 20 items | *Auction price may increase, data is cached, expiring in 23h | Keyword-based search | Ordered by ending time | See results on eBay.com
Amazon (logo)
0 results found for "DIXIE DREGS" live at the montreaux jazz festival
Retry your search on Amazon.com website
No items found | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

DIXIE DREGS LIVE AT THE MONTREAUX JAZZ FESTIVAL reviews

Slartibartfast
This was the Dixie Dregs lineup that I first come to know live and otherwise. The Montreaux Jazz Festival performance was used for side two of the LP Night of the Living Dregs. I had no idea the concert was filmed. This represents the band at their prime. Keyboardist Mark Parrish, would soon be replaced by T Lavitz, who is a better keyboard player, but this as this performance testifies, he was no slouch either. Oddly enough, the back cover of this DVD shows a band picture with the original keyboardist from Freefall, Steve Davidowski (guess there was only room for one Steve in this band). Steve Morse was at his most inspired around this time, even though he has certainly grown in skill over the years.

The set list is a little disappointing as it lacks some of the prime cuts from What If (Night Meets Light, Odyssey, Travel Tunes, What If), but I'm not complaining. Now I have something more than just memories of the many Dregs shows I saw back then. It is more of a forward looking set which includes Attila The Hun, that didn't show up on an album until three years later. Also of note, but of less interest to progressive rock fans, is the bluegrass style ditty, Kathreen, never released on a regular album, but only showed up on their demo album, The Great Spectacular, from 1975. If you have a copy of that album, you have something rare, indeed.

Thrown in for bonus are two live TV appearances, one on American Can'tstand (Bandstand) and one on Don Kirschner's Rock Concert. On the former, you get to see them both try out a vocalist, in an attempt to appeal to a more mainstream audience, and with Mark O'Connor, who only played with them for one album, but a few great live shows before the band disbanded for a few years.

As great as the band studio albums were, the live shows took things to an even higher level. Now you can see what you missed, unless you didn't.

No DIXIE DREGS LIVE AT THE MONTREAUX JAZZ FESTIVAL reviews posted by members yet.

No DIXIE DREGS ratings only posted yet.

The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady Post Bop
In a Silent Way Classic Fusion
'Out to Lunch!' Avant-Garde Jazz
ERIC DOLPHY

A passion for John Donne Third Stream
KETIL BJØRNSTAD
Andy Milne And Dapp Theory: Forward In All Directions (Post-70s) Eclectic Fusion
ANDY MILNE
Black Is Back - 40th Anniversary Project Avant-Garde Jazz
ETHNIC HERITAGE ENSEMBLE
Palo Colorado Dream Jazz Related Rock
ANTHONY PIROG

New Free Jazz MP3 download/stream

Anthony Pirog - The Great Northern
ANTHONY PIROG
Sherie Julianne - "Batucada"
SHERIE JULIANNE