YES — Yesterdays

B1 Then 5:45
B2 Survival 6:01
B3 Astral Traveller 5:45
B4 Dear Father 4:00

Guitar – Steve Howe (track A1)
Keyboards – Rick Wakeman (track A1)
Bass, Vocals – Chris Squire
Drums – Bill Bruford
Guitar, Vocals – Peter Banks (tracks: A2 to B4)
Piano, Organ – Tony Kaye
Vocals – Jon Anderson

Atlantic ‎– SD 18103 (US)

Thanks to snobb for the addition

Buy YES - YESTERDAYS music

More places to buy metal & YES music

YES YESTERDAYS reviews

No YESYESTERDAYS reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

Prog Zone
Review - #11 (Yes - Yesterdays)

Yes' first compilation, Yesterdays, was released on February of 1975 on Atlantic Records. It consists of material previously recorded from the band's first two studio albums, Yes (1969) and Time and a Word (1970). In addition, it contains a B-side single called Dear Father originally released in 1970 during the Time and a Word album. Also, it consists of the full version cover of America by Simon & Garfunkel originally from the 1972 compilation/sampler album The New Age of Atlantic. America has become a somewhat classic song by the band. Furthermore, due to this being a compilation album, many of the songs have varying band members present.

The album primarily contains the band's "older" tracks, released while the band was still developing their sound. However, the songs on this album were chosen perfectly. If I had to make a list of the greatest songs found on both Yes (1969) and Time and a Word (1970) these are the songs I would have chosen. If this album only consisted of these songs, I would say it is a "Good, but non-essential" album. However, with the addition of America, I believe it makes the album an "Excellent addition to any prog rock music collection". America is just as interesting as any other song the band released at the time, making it a real gem by the band that has gone unknown for most listeners/fans. Not to mention, making it the best cover song the band ever released.

The combination of great song choices from the band's early period, to the addition of Simon & Garfunkel's America, I believe any fan of Yes or progressive rock in general will find enjoyment in this album. Of course, if you own all three albums mentioned above plus the single of "Dear Father", you will not need this album. However, most collectors like myself do not. Thus, I would highly recommend this album, especially if you haven't discovered Yes's early discography yet.

- 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘨 𝘈𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2537080)

No YES ratings only posted yet.

From The Ground Birds Are Born Jazz Related Improv/Composition

THE COOKERS
Prophecy Extended
DAVID GARFIELD
Nostalgia
TRICOTISM (CRAIG MILVERTON/ SANDY SUCHODOLSKI/ NIGEL PRICE)