YES — Sweetness / Something's Coming

- Tony Kaye / keyboards
- Chris Squire / bass and vocals
- Bill Bruford / drums, percussions

Atlantic – 584280 (UK)

Thanks to Prog Zone for the addition and snobb for the updates

Buy YES - SWEETNESS / SOMETHING'S COMING music

More places to buy metal & YES music

YES SWEETNESS / SOMETHING'S COMING reviews

No YESSWEETNESS / SOMETHING'S COMING reviews posted by specialists/experts yet.

Prog Zone
Review - #18 (Yes - Sweetness / Something's Coming)

Even if their early days, Yes were putting out some great pieces of music! Released in 1969, this would be one of the band's earliest singles featuring the band's written and composed song Sweetness and a rendition of Something's Coming from West Side Story. The band's line-up consisted of Jon Anderson on vocals, Peter Banks on guitars, Chris Squire on bass, Bill Bruford on drums, and Tony Kaye on Hammond organ. Side A of the single, Sweetness, was the first song that Jon Anderson and Chris Squire (including former Mabel Greer's Toyshop guitarist Clive Bailey) collaborated on following their initial meeting. The song contains some interesting vocal harmonies but is drenched with the feel of a 60s love ballad with some progressive rock touches. Overall, it is still a good song that has a great build-up near the end. The next song, Something's Coming is a different story. This is probably the most progressive song Yes released in 1969. With all of the band members playing at their heights at the time, this song is truly a highlight of their early career. With a special mention of Bill Bruford's superb jazz infused drumming found throughout the entire track. I sometimes wonder why they decided to not include this song on their debut album and instead restrict it to a B-side single. When deliberating on the rating for this album, I believe that it is best suited for fans/collectors of Yes. The main attraction here is the cover track Something's Coming. If you are interested in owning this track on physical format, I'd recommend searching out for the 2003 Remaster of the band's debut album with features Something's Coming as a bonus track. Furthermore, it was also added on the Yesyears compilation boxset. Therefore, if you own any of those this single might become somewhat pointless.

- π˜›π˜©π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷π˜ͺ𝘦𝘸 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘰𝘳π˜ͺ𝘨π˜ͺ𝘯𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘳π˜ͺ𝘡𝘡𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 π˜—π˜³π˜°π˜¨ 𝘈𝘳𝘀𝘩π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘴 (http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2538047)

No YES ratings only posted yet.

Kimbrough 21st Century Modern