JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Don Burrows (World Fusion) Australia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don Burrows (World Fusion) Australia
    Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 8:56pm
Don is probably among of the best known Jazz musician in Australia, with a long career that spans several genres and decades (he'd be in his 80s now)  - known for flute, clarinet & saxes, mostly flute.

Here's a taste or two, the first is a kinda of funk, latin influenced piece

And a snippet from the 1980s

And this from just a couple of years ago

More evidence for his Latin-influenced work

Finding it harder to find sample sof his 1960s quintet at the moment, will try find more soon - he was veyr much influenced and interested in Brazil however. More info to follow

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 27 Jul 2011 at 10:36pm
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 9:00am
added (world fusion)
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:12am
^ Thanks! Smile Hope to get some reviews in the near future too
Reviews...
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:26am
I added the album I found and Don's photo manually, so you can add any album you want to review (it looks only limited info could be found on many of his releases)
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:31am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

I added the album I found and Don's photo manually, so you can add any album you want to review (it looks only limited info could be found on many of his releases)

Excellent, thanks Slava - do I wait to wait for musicbrainz to update? I saw the warning in red text and wanted to wait a bit.

It will take me a while to get some more albums, as they're hard to find, sadly. Although, Don lives around 15 minutes from my neck of the woods, maybe I could try contacting him. Actually, I'd love to get an interview going too.
Reviews...
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:38am
Musicbrainz database has only one Don's album ("Burrows at the Winery"),so it will be imported later. If you know any other - you can add them any moment.

We have (still empty) thread for interviews - you can be first Wink

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 1:38am
Excellent, I will, thanks, Slava. 

Hopefully I can get an interview and fingers crossed it's a good one and I can start off the Interviews to a good standard!
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic