JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert Lamm - pop jazz, rock related to jazz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert Lamm - pop jazz, rock related to jazz
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:28pm
im not well versed in his solo carear, did not really know if he had any until now, but as i listen and thinks of his relation to jazz, i would guess his solo output would be as much influenced by jazz as Donald Fagem and David Garfield, less or more, his pedegry towards jazz is tied to his piano style which is subtle but also elaborated and can show that he is indeed a very good pianist, mixing jazz and classical smoothly as anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lamm

i don't think an introduction of who he is, is not nessesary, as i guess people here know who i am refearing too

this song have interesting odd-time sigs :)

Edited by Asmodean - 06 Apr 2012 at 2:32pm
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:04am
I'll have a look at further of his solo stuff, or ask around, but with these samples it'd be a stretch. If anything I'm not sure if he'd quite make it for pop/crossover. Will get back to you soon as possible
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 1:23pm
i just though Lamm might have some intereting ou there, as i find him to be a very competent musician, who i would guess would pack an album filled with more condenced of his influence which i think would be a mix of jazz, classical, blues and soul, and not so sappy as his colleague is more soft (heh). i would think Lamms output is similar to what Donald Fagen would have, a softer jazz, but i would not be suprised if Lamm had some soft prog leanings also. some subtle allusians to psych rock or something like that,
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic