JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz it up Jessica !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dionisio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz it up Jessica !
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:42am
Hey all ! 

So I'm a portuguese and i'm a violinist, currently living in bucharest to learn more about this culture, and believe me, for violins players, or improvisers in general, this is heaven.

Beside the violin, i sing (man i do love the scat.) and i play piano and blow a bit on the trumpet, but the violin and voice is my primary voices, even that i feel most of the times that the piano is the mistress on this relation, and what a mistress !

Usually i don't like to say that i'm a jazz musician, i prefer to say that i'm a improvised music musician, it can make the difference, currently i have a manouche project, playing a lot here in bucharest, and beside that i do other stuff, with theater, performances or solo, but is more experimental and totally free. (having with this my top three musicians ever as Leroy Jenkins, Carlos Zingaro and of course Stephane Grappelli, you can discuss if Zingaro is a jazz musician or not, he himself denies it, but.. what is jazz after all ?! )

what else can i say, it's good to find people on these forums with a lot of interesting ideas and i hope that endup finding a lot of new stuff here with you guys.

Oh, for the internet additcs (as me, geez.) this is my lastfm http://www.last.fm/user/iDearBach and meanwhile as a good internet addicted i ended up following the trend and created a tumblr, i have one blog only dedicated to jazz related stuff http://52nd.tumblr.com/ 

I think this is everything for now !

Ah ! My name is not Jessica ahah !

Edited by dionisio - 16 Aug 2011 at 8:49am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:51am
Wellcome to the site,DionisioBig smile
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:56am
Welcome!

Would love to hear your music one day Smile
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
dionisio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dionisio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:14am
Thank You !

So far i don't have anything recorded, i'm really fresh in all of this if i think about it propperly, i have a lot of home made stuff recorded and videos, but that's it, since i'm still studying it, ive been on schools such as the hot club of lisbon, and now i'm applying to do a degree on jazz. It's still funny to think on a degree on jazz, its a practical one, bt still, its funny.

In a few years i hope that ill recording something, bt for now, im focused on playing live, and practice and work on my own language and ideas. And damn, with records or not, notting is better that the live gigs, the jams.. not to talk about that i've the feeling that a jazz musician to survive this days it depends on the gigs and not on the records (and maybe this is the same for every musician)
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:49am
Bună Dionisio, and welcome among us.

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Wellcome to the site,DionisioBig smile

I'd rather say welcome to Dionisa, really!!! TongueBig smile

Sounds more feminineWink
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:50pm
A big gidday Cool
Matt
dionisio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dionisio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 3:59pm
Thank you, thank you ! 

And you made me laugh Sean Trane, who knows i have an alter ego called dionisa ! Fear !
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 6:00pm

Welcome to the site.
It seems that you have already enjoyed the site.

I think that I am glad if you always enjoy the site and it contributes. Please continue it.

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 5:59am
Welcome!

Also, interesting enough to see Bucuresti and heaven mentioned in the same sentence. Especially considering its sheer hellish [instert any aspect related to living in B. here]. Tongue

Maybe you were referring to JMA though?
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 7:28am
Originally posted by dionisio dionisio wrote:

Thank You !

So far i don't have anything recorded, i'm really fresh in all of this if i think about it propperly, i have a lot of home made stuff recorded and videos, but that's it, since i'm still studying it, ive been on schools such as the hot club of lisbon, and now i'm applying to do a degree on jazz. It's still funny to think on a degree on jazz, its a practical one, bt still, its funny.

In a few years i hope that ill recording something, bt for now, im focused on playing live, and practice and work on my own language and ideas. And damn, with records or not, notting is better that the live gigs, the jams.. not to talk about that i've the feeling that a jazz musician to survive this days it depends on the gigs and not on the records (and maybe this is the same for every musician)

Cool, definitely let us know when you do record. Wish I had a degree in Jazz!
Yeah, live is a special beast indeed
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
dionisio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dionisio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:13am
Thank you! its nice to feel welome indeed, and ofcourse, bucuresti and heaven, it is possible, it is possible indeed ! 

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

i just didnt got this tho, sorry Embarrassed (this emotion.. oh my.)

-

Well, about recording, i hope that in the next months something jazzy will show up, there is some ideas and plans, let's see if everything goes as expected ! I'm planing on, beside my other more free projects, i want to record some jazz with some other people that is more close to the jazz of the 30's, i have to admit that im kinda tired that most of the jazz that people play is more intellectual or whatever, i really like it, but i miss, the simple, humor and swing, a lot of swing.

meanwhile, something not so jazzy, but it counts as recordings, i endup playing in a track of a project of a friend (that i promote here http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=949 ) and this is the result 

its more.. experimental let's say, basicly we focus on real time loops, he is playing (or using guitar) and i'm playing electric violin, ofcourse using a lot of pedals, effects and in fact a lot of other objects that were in the room at the time of the recording, hope you enjoy !
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 4:19am
Originally posted by dionisio dionisio wrote:

Thank you! its nice to feel welome indeed, and ofcourse, bucuresti and heaven, it is possible, it is possible indeed ! 

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

i just didnt got this tho, sorry Embarrassed (this emotion.. oh my.)

I didn't understand what exactly did you call a heaven (Bucharest or JMA). Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic