Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz is a disease

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz is a disease
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 11:12pm
Jazz is a disease.

It is large and horrific and overpowering. It festers and eats away at healthy tissue, devouring all that crosses it's path. Jazz is a plague that spreads without care, remorse, or boundary. It infects and refuses to subside. There is no medicine, there is no cure. It lives off of strife, it breaths off of attempts to bury, it thrives in attempts to cure it, it prospers off attempts to kill it. It will grow bigger and stronger until all organisms are suffocated and are converted or die out. Armies falter, brainmatter congeals, and empires succumb. Jazz is an infection. It inflames and contorts. It can lie dormant for years and strike with vicious anger or vast subtlety. No one is safe from it's all encompassing arms, fists, and thighs.

Jazz is incendiary, a violent reactionary. The type of intangible item all mothers fear, and all brave men chase. A type of force that trembles tsunamis, and halts earthquakes. A type of power that can be unmatched in this dimension. Jazz is antagonist, a volatile debater. A mongrel, with iron jaws and superfluous maw. There is no escape from its grasp range. No rock to hide under, no planet forbidden. Jazz is dangerous. It corrupts and assimilates like a cannon or wild boar. Ambushing the young, innocent, and unassuming. It rips apart and assumes command. It's spirit, a mighty spear.

And I love it. I can not escape its pull. It has enchanted me like a sorcerous, pulling me deeper with every minute. At times I try to escape.  At times I try to love other things. At times I succeed, but am always pulled back towards the black deity of the burnt hand of the overpowering colossus. It makes me lie in a field and causes me a violent convulsion until I worship it again. Praying that it will never leave me, for the chasm it will create will tear my brain from my skull, and suffocate my heart. It will  empty my bowels without pause and summon contractions so ungeometric that Lovecraft himself would cease to believe the possibilities. It will bathe me in dystrophies beyond comprehension and force me to eat my own flesh until the dawn flattens the earth. My truest love, my deepest happiness. Jazz, the master of my body and soul.
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 8:05pm
I would say Jazz is the medicine (one of many). Crappy Miley Cyrus-type 2010's pop is the disease.
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by darkshade darkshade wrote:

I would say Jazz is the medicine (one of many). Crappy Miley Cyrus-type 2010's pop is the disease.

I was just  thinking of opening a thread called 'Jazz is a cure'  LOL
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 5:44pm
I meant this more in the way jazz behaves for me. As much as I say, ok...next batch of purchases will be rock centric, jazz always creeps in...and then before I know it jazz based things are 80%+ of the order. No matter what I do, jazz is there and before I know it, it takes over my brain. Like a disease could. Wink
Hit it on Five.

Stab them in the ears.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 6:13pm
I will say this, no matter what evolution my musical tastes take, jazz always creeps in between. Like, when I need a break from whatever music I'm digging, jazz is the alternative. And usually the non-fusion kind. Jazz is my constant.
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 10:19pm
^ Exactly.

Needless to say, my initial post was meant to be a positive thing.
Hit it on Five.

Stab them in the ears.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 5:44am
An awesome disease to have. The jazz is endless.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic