0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 9 'My Funny Valentines' - Vocals
    Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 7:11am
This time I'm too lazy to put up the years, but you'll be able to guess from the artist/recording anyway. Some versions I have, some I stumbled across and one I found very interesting - having not seen the film it's from!

I've voted for Elvis, voice and bass only, nice version.

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 9:39am
"The Return of Nine Funny Valentines"  Shocked

...I'll check it out.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:02am
LOL

I remember idlero suggesting a vocal one after my last poll - just took me a lot longer than I thought to get the poll sorted hahaha
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 10:49am
I knew who my favorite was going to be before I listened, but I thought i would give the other's a chance, still it's Chet Baker, what a singer.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:39pm
After all I cannot miss the Chet Baker version for me. The song method affected Joao Gilberto indirectly. The version with such an atmosphere is still splendid.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:43pm
I wish that it wants you to play it elegantly this song. The Julie London version that may resemble it.

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I knew who my favorite was going to be before I listened, but I thought i would give the other's a chance, still it's Chet Baker, what a singer.

Yeah, great voice! Reading about the flak he'd cop from the 'establishment' when he did vocal stuff always struck me as unfair. I reckon he'll get a few votes here.

I have to say I found Tony's version a little, I dunno, cheesy?
Reviews...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:48pm
Or even a Japanese singer often sings this song. Because this singer is an old singer, most of the Japanese youths do not know it. Mieko Hirota version.

Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

After all I cannot miss the Chet Baker version for me. The song method affected Joao Gilberto indirectly. The version with such an atmosphere is still splendid.

Chet hits the lead! Yes, the sparse backing is great, just enough bass to go with the piano, supports his delivery so well.

Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

I wish that it wants you to play it elegantly this song. The Julie London version that may resemble it.

Yeah, I can hear definite similarities there. Her last recorded song?
Reviews...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by dreadpirateroberts dreadpirateroberts wrote:

Originally posted by js js wrote:

Yeah, great voice! Reading about the flak he'd cop from the 'establishment' when he did vocal stuff always struck me as unfair. I reckon he'll get a few votes here.

I have to say I found Tony's version a little, I dunno, cheesy?
Usually I like Bennet, but that was over done, a little too much coffee I think.
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:14am
^ Hahaha, yeah, I think so. I do like him too
Reviews...
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:47am
Chet Baker,obviously
I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:18am
Smile
Reviews...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic