0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blue Note Groovers
    Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 4:00pm
Not all Hammond players but once again if my favourite stuff of theirs is with the groovers or has that feel, well they are here.

One organ player missing. Look for him elsewhere he is not really a groover. Larry that is.
Matt
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm
Grant...Grant... Grant.... GREEN!

then would come the king, Jimmy Smith. The rest can groove alright, but a bit too derivative. (exception being Burrell)

Edited by Abraxas - 26 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:23pm
Jimmy for me - and I've been slowly looking into Green, which is very enjoyable too
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:09pm
I thought that Grant Green and Jimmy Smith got many votes. However, I do not yet decide it.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:18am
Originally posted by Abraxas Abraxas wrote:

then would come the king, Jimmy Smith. The rest can groove alright, but a bit too derivative. (exception being Burrell)
2nd Grant,  Pablo but Jimmy.  Big smile I know Kenny is bit, could be elsewhere but he was on a lot of Jimmy Smith's albums, just for a bit of fun and thought stick him with Grant for now being guitar. Jack McDuff had some good ones.  "Down Home Style" is great,   you can see the grease oozing from your speakers when playing itWink
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 5:58pm
Jimmy Smith
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

2nd Grant,  Pablo but Jimmy.  Big smile I know Kenny is bit, could be elsewhere but he was on a lot of Jimmy Smith's albums, just for a bit of fun and thought stick him with Grant for now being guitar. Jack McDuff had some good ones.  "Down Home Style" is great,   you can see the grease oozing from your speakers when playing itWink

Matt, guess what I found today when buying clothes.

I was more than shocked, being it in a mainstream clothing trend: a series of Blue Note t-shirts! And not any! Grant Green's "Talkin' About" cover album, "Midnight Blue" by Burrell and "Idle Moments"! 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 9:46pm
Cool.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Cool.

Indeed, tomorrow I'll buy one, not sure which though.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:02am

Originally posted by js js wrote:

Cool.

Indeed, tomorrow I'll buy one, not sure which though.

It looks good. The T-shirt is really good and hopes that you enjoy it.

By the way, such a T-shirt is sold now in Japan.

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:09am
^ awesome! they look great.
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:18am

LOLLOL The guy has no idea what he's wearing.

Hmm, maybe they got the wrong t-shirts...

Edited by Abraxas - 28 Dec 2011 at 12:19am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:25am
I am not sure to dress it well with courage like him. Or it may be the latest fashion.LOL
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

I am not sure to dress it well with courage like him. Or it may be the latest fashion.LOL

Haha, if that was the latest fashion, it would be bizarre! But I'd like it, somehow, at least I would see jazz on the streets.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:37am
I think that the pose that I decided in a T-shirt of Kenny Burrell is particularly splendid. I may perform it if I got drunk on alcohol.LOL
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:41am

Haha, if that was the latest fashion, it would be bizarre! But I'd like it, somehow, at least I would see jazz on the streets.

Of course I want to meet such a person in the future in a town, too.Thumbs Up
Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:42am

I think that the pose that I decided in a T-shirt of Kenny Burrell is particularly splendid. I may perform it if I got drunk on alcohol.LOL

LOL I'd like to know what was in the guy's head when he was given those t-shirts to wear.

Off-topic, I've just discovered this great Japanese folk song!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNbQd0Fh9Wo&feature=related
Do you know them?

(sorry guys, I'm going very off-topic...)

Edited by Abraxas - 28 Dec 2011 at 12:43am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:54am
It is OK. Probably Matt will contact for a tolerant heart even if off some topics.Big smile I have the album. They are bands called "Happy End". It is the Japanese band which moved into action early in the 70s. Most of the Japanese music of the 70s did not go rock. Of course Japan already had the psychedelic music. However, it is said that "Happy End" was the first time in the band with the element of legitimate fork and rock. They really listened to the music of the band such as "The Paul Betterfield Blues Band" and "Moby Grape". And those music was united with Japanese music, and "Happy End" was formed. I can find other information and videos if you are interested in them.Smile
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:36pm
Sorry I missed your reply yesterday Pablo. Those T-shirts look fabulous. I want the Jackie one Big smile absolutely. Do you think that band has ever heard the albums on their t-shirts?

I was better off in the old days in some ways when  all the emails from PA came through, not only. when you are online as is the case these days.

Not complaining though, in a way it is good because I am not sorting through a million email notifications and a lot of stuff I had no interest in anyway.

Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 2:45pm
All of Max's sites have the same email notification now, the old days are gone for good. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic