FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:30am
I'm sorry. I was not able to watch the image with my computer. However, I imagine it when probably the memory that Ash experienced in Rome was splendid.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 12:07am
Trying to cling to the memories of Italy!

Not the best pizza we had, but still good stuff - just a sidewalk cafe in Rome.
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 2:54am
I need to pick up some Chinese rice wine soon (I've been using dry sherry in my wok which is good too), I like Xiaoxing in particular for cooking.   I've tried other brands but the quality isn't there; anything called "cooking wine" should be avoided.   I also need some hoisin sauce and a big thing of peanut oil.   I love Asian markets, always the best stuff and the prices are incredibly low.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:09pm
Sometimes the Asian version of a beer is slightly different than the version sold in the US, in San Francisco I could get two different versions of Tsingtao

Edited by js - 28 Dec 2011 at 11:09pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:07pm
That one is fairly common in most large US cities.
It is good too.

Edited by js - 28 Dec 2011 at 11:07pm
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:01pm
As for Chinese alcoholic drinks, I know only that ... Embarrassed

It's fine beer. Cool

Edited by DamoXt7942 - 28 Dec 2011 at 11:01pm
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:43pm
Right on!!   Beer   
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:30pm
Then I think probably to try some alcohol in the beginning of the year at the end of this year. With a sold thing.Beer
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:24pm
I only tried it because it was offered by a friend, otherwise I would have never known about it.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:16pm
I do not know whether I have the courage to try it even if it was sold in Japan.I am coward.LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:09pm
He said some licqour stores in the US with a large Chinese population might sell it, probably San Francisco, maybe even Houston.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:47pm
Then probably the alcohol which John experienced would be real. The alcohol which was made in the shop. Not a thing sold in a shop. Probably I may not experience it by daily life.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:42pm
I never saw the entire bottle, it was wrapped in a cloth bag.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:35pm
Probably thing like this.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:31pm
I have really tried some Chinese alcohol. However, I did not know it about the illegally brewed liquor. Japan had illegally brewed liquor in old days, but is forbidden producing it not to mention in the present. Probably the illegally brewed liquor might be fascination and a wonder for John.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:22pm
Those are some big noodles Shocked

The other day I was at my favorite local Thai restaurant and the owner and I were talking and he brought me a strange bottle that he said was "Chinese moonshine". I tried a glass, it was good with very unique flavors that I didn't recognize. It also seemed to have some healing capabilities for both head and sinuses as well as muscle relaxation. It really seemed to help some chronic back pain.
Have you ever heard of this Chinese moonshine ?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:15pm

We had many talks about the food culture of each country this year here. Of course I introduced food known well in Japan. And, as for the image which I put here, this year may be the last. And the image which I just put here is today's lunch.

Because the container is made with ceramics, the heat is stored. The leaf of the chrysanthemum. Konjac. A leek. An egg. shimeji mushrooms.

Japanese original noodles enter among them. The noodles are big. The seasoning is almost soy sauce. The Japanese eats such a dish in winter and warms the body.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

And in Japan, shochu with hot water is another good choice. Beer

I drink only this every night.WackoSmile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:03am
Oh, brandy ... hearty warmness. Heart
And in Japan, shochu with hot water is another good choice. Beer
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 6:08am
Cold beer can save your life in hot summer day, but can't imagine drinking it in winterDead. Starting from first cool days here we go for a brandy Wink - good arms against cold moisture. When lived in Southern Europe main drink was wine all around the year though (they don't have good beer)

Edited by snobb - 11 Dec 2011 at 11:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
  Share Topic