JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TROUBLE jazz rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TROUBLE jazz rock
    Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:36pm
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:20pm
Did i overwhelm you all with all these suggestions? LOL 
Sorry! There's a whole list of these things i found and it's likely many are missing here
I'll be kind and add lightly LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:21pm
It helps a lot if the suggested bands play jazz music.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:51pm
This one isn't jazz either? There are so many jazz related acts on this site that i don't follow the logic. I noticed that Stevie Ray Vaughan is here now. WHERE is the jazz with him? 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:56am
I haven't even listened to this artist yet. Where did I say we weren't interested in this artist?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

It helps a lot if the suggested bands play jazz music.

OK, i'm confused. I was commenting on this. BUt i am interested now that you said this why in the world there are so many non-jazz band who are in the related category. I would love to hear the story about Stevie Ray Vaughan. I have all his albums and jazz has never seeped out of any of my speakers. If there is some arcane connection i'm totally unaware
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:31am
Reading our site definition for JR Blues might give you a clue, but really, I don't have to answer your questions, if you can't hear it, I can't explain it to you.

JR Blues:

The blues have had a strong influence on jazz since the very beginning. This is no big surprise since jazz and blues both come from the same African roots. The JR Blues genre at JMA is not meant to be an exhaustive list of every blues artist in the world, we'll leave that formidable task for sites dedicated to the blues.

The JR Blues genre at JMA is for:

1) Artists who play music that is a mix of jazz and blues, such as Jimmy Smith and Robben Ford.

2) Blues artists who were major innovators and trend setters, such as Bessie Smith, Robert Johnson, BB King and Muddy Waters.

3) Artists who were particularly creative within the blues genre such as Taj Mahal, Otis Taylor and Peter Green.

Edited by js - 18 May 2017 at 8:35am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:44am
Fair enough. I'd probably prefer to see those rules changed since blues isn't jazz even if they are closely related. Was just surprised to see Stevie Ray Vaughan on here is all. He was certainly a major player in blues revival but i personally only associate the early blues artists to be connected with jazz. Oh well, doesn't mean i won't write a review or two Wink

OK, enough. Check out this TROUBLE band. I think they qualify for these parts :)

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:34am
Why don't you check out this thread and drop off some questions for Steve Vai, you probably know way more about his career then I do.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:06am
added                 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic