JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eugen Ciceu Cicero

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caelum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eugen Ciceu Cicero
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:17am
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:33am
Wow, a Romanian musicians I've never ever heard of. I'll look into it, thanks. 
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 3:48am
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

How comes?Shocked I always though he's most known Romanian musician everWink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:02am
The most known Romanian musician ever is George Enescu LOL

This is typical however for artists who emigrated before becoming active, they are unknown in Romania.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:26am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

How comes?Shocked I always though he's most known Romanian musician everWink

wouldn't that be Zamfir???TongueLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:29am
Good point LOL

And the Cheeky Girls, while we're at it. Tongue
idlero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idlero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:32am
Never heard of him either, worth looking into although I presume hard to find

I think the problem with a lot of the fusion music is that it's extremely predictable, it's a rock rhythm and the solos all play the same stuff and they play it over and over again ...
Ken Burns
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:36am
I thought you both are his big fans - Eugen Cicero is one of third stream cornerstoneSmile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:04am
which one would you suggest from this selection (my library system)???

CICERO, Eugen

sur demande :

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:16am
Envoi? You mean your médiathèque mails you the albums, you don't even have to go there to pick them up? That would be awesome. 
Ricochet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricochet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:39am
Well if Alex was clueless, I'm pretty much just adding a post to my count right now.

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:55am
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

which one would you suggest from this selection (my library system)???

CICERO, Eugene

I am the last person who can give such recommendation LOL. I generally don't like mainstream Third Stream music at all (I find jazzy adaptation of popular classics really boring). I listened the above album and some compilations some years ago, it looks like this one is representative for his music. But it would be great if someone who really knows (and possibly likes ) his music could recommend what he thinks is best from Cicero.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:40am

Envoi? You mean your médiathèque mails you the albums, you don't even have to go there to pick them up? That would be awesome. 

Naaaahhh!!!... PigI wish...LOL

This "envoi" thing means aslking the central reserve to send the CD to your usual library (takes between 3 and 5 days) so you can pick it up... Once there, you've got two weeks to pick it up, or else it's returned to the central reserve...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:43am
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

I am the last person who can give such recommendation LOL. I generally don't like mainstream Third Stream music at all (I find jazzy adaptation of popular classics really boring). I listened the above album and some compilations some years ago, it looks like this one is representative for his music. But it would be great if someone who really knows (and possibly likes ) his music could recommend what he thinks is best from Cicero.

i know what you mean, even if Eumur Deodato did a fairly good job  in Prelude and deodato 2 and other albums of that early-70's era >> Zaratustra and other stuff. 

Look at the bloddy guest list on that album as wellShockedStarStarStar.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:44am
That's still pretty sweet...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:47am

That's still pretty sweet...

doesn't the Médiathèque De France work in a similar manner???Confused

You might want to check it out..... You'd be surprised of what you find in there....

Hell, you even find Eugen Cicero in thereLOLCool
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic