JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In search of jazz

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In search of jazz
    Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 7:23am
Hi,

I am a tricky fan jazz, my favorite album is Elevator to the Gallows (Ascenseur pour l'échafaud) from Miles Davis and I never find another album like this: improvised, dark and smouth.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you

Frederic
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 8:43am
That album is a favorite of mine too, but you won't find too many albums like it. Its fairly unique.
You might want to check our Cool Jazz section, thats where you might find something somewhat similar.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:23am
In the Miles discog, probably the closest thing would be some tracks from "Kind of Blue" and "Sketches of Spain", possibly "Quiet Nights".
fredlx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredlx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:04am
Where is the Cool Section of the site?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:32am
Here it is, click on the link below:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic