JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help big time!! who is this jazz artist?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help big time!! who is this jazz artist?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:29am
hi! can someone please help me out? I have been looking a very  long time for this jazz musician artist and can't seem to remember much about it. all I remember is that it was like fusion jazz piano playing and all instrumental  and very light vocals throughout the song. the vocals were this if I am  remembering it right  "....for the rest of time..thunder is the air..and our feelings will shake up the world.."  and then a little later in the song "...burn it burn it..." I vaugely remember the LP album cover with being green with red like waves. This was back in 1991. If anyone out there can help me out you don't know how grateful I would be! Thank you! birdman
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 9:13am
It doesn't ring a bell off hand, just thinking of possible fusion vocalists, Flora Purim comes to mind.
birdman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:56am
thanks for the reply!yeah its not that one. if I remember correctly it was  an LP from the 80s 70s and it was a male voice all of the song was instrumental(piano jazz player) and then  just a few lyrics male voice for the rest of time thunder is the air and our feelings will shake up the world and then instrumental  ba ba ba  .. and then sung burn it burn it.. as I recall further the record looked more like red and alot of green  dont remember (maybe paintings? colors waves on the cover cant remember exactly) the music sounded like  herbie hancock cora collaberation. I believe it might be a male artist. it was piano playing mostly etc..  really need to find it! Thanks!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 12:17pm
That might be Lonnie Liston Smith, a fusion piano player who sang sometimes.
Other top male singers during that time were Al Jarreau and Michael Franks.

You do know that you can go to an artist page on this site and see all their albums.

Edited by js - 16 Apr 2015 at 12:31pm
birdman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 10:55pm
hi thanks for  the info!  I will listen to  Liston and check it out. hopefully it the album which I ve been looking for for like forever! aAso thanks for also letting me know about the artist's albums on this site!!!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 11:00pm
No problem, let me know if the album still doesn't show up. 
birdman View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 11:44pm
yeah  I just listened to it.  it doesnt sound like the one I had heard a while ago. If memory serves,Its like bill evans music piano type. that type of jazz.  also has lots of colors sorta like waves on the cover nothing else on it meaning  people etc.. I think . red green painting type. it mostly sounds like bill evans piano music , but kind of also like  the only 1 corea /hancock collaberation cd. Tthe bill evans piano playing throghout the album with some occasion lyrics sometime throughout  the song .  something  to this lyrics like this, but don't quote me though " "love for the rest of time.. thunder is the air and our feelings will shake up the world.. and then instrumental  again "ba ba ba ba ba ba baa! then again light vocals "burn it burn it babe.". it goes like that. Also the other details I remember is that I had seen this LP in 1991. it could have been released way before then of course. Anyway these are the only faint details I can remember.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic