JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Kelley - UK 1960s Jazz Researcher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Borgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Kelley - UK 1960s Jazz Researcher
    Posted: 29 May 2023 at 4:32pm
I am trying to find out about a jazz researcher named Peter Kelley who wrote articles in a few UK jazz publications in the mid 1960s and I believe as early as 1945.

From 1966 to about 1969 he was heavily researching and communicating with many American jazz musicians from Hal Kemp's band and others. He claimed he had written hundreds of letters and was hoping to write a book.

The book deal apparently went bust.

I assume that he died as no on I have communicated with seems to know what happened to him.

In the late 1960s his return address was 18 Richland House, Marmont Rd., London.

I don't know if he was a gifted record collector or an actual journalist. I tried to see if his vast collection of jazz research had been preserved at a UK archive, but, have been unable to locate any such collection.

If anyone knows more about this Londoner, Peter Kelley and what may have happened to him, I'd be very interested to know. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic