JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jazz Music Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acoustica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jazz Music Suggestion
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 2:49pm
Hi!

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I am looking for some suggestions of Jazz music in the area of these albums:

The Rippingtons

Spyro Gyra

Peter White

Acoustic Alchemy

I enjoy Jazz music with Acoustic Guitar within the music. Thanks for any ideas!!!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:33pm
Looks like you like the smooth jazz played on acoustic guitar. The first person that comes to mind is Dave Grusin, he practically invented that style. I'll try to think of more and get back to you. In the mean time, you might want to check our Pop Jazz section.
Acoustica View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acoustica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Looks like you like the smooth jazz played on acoustic guitar. The first person that comes to mind is Dave Grusin, he practically invented that style. I'll try to think of more and get back to you. In the mean time, you might want to check our Pop Jazz section.

Thanks and let me know if you find more!!

I will check out Dave Grusin and the Pop Jazz section as well.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:33pm
Craig Chaquico released several very popular acoustic guitar jazz albums. If you think the name is familiar, its the same guy from the early Jefferson Airplane.
George Benson will play acoustic occasionally, his recent album "Guitar Man" had a few acoustic numbers.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:38pm
It takes a while to remember these things sometimes, but the other big name in acoustic guitar smooth jazz is Earl Klugh. Just like Grusin, some albums may be electric, but its always mellow.
Also Charlie Byrd, which reminds me, you may also want to check out the whole Bossa Nova scene, lots of jazzy acoustic guitar there.
cuteerian View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuteerian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 3:30am
Suggest some more please..
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:12am
Also George Benson's 'White Rabbit' album is a great one for acoustic guitar, with a pop feel
Welcome too Smile
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm
Chieli Minucci (& Special EFX)

Fourplay

Marc Antoine

Chuck Loeb

Frederic_Alderon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frederic_Alderon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2018 at 3:01pm
Try also Fourplay, they are quite smooth and nicely flowing:

Edited by js - 05 Dec 2018 at 3:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic