JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frb63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Recommendations
    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 9:19pm
Can anyone recommend a couple good radio stations that play mostly bop and post bop instrumental stuff? Think Miles, Coltrane, Blakey, up to Mehldau, Sands, and Akinmusire.

I’m looking for a traditional type of broadcast with an announcer that identifies song and artist, not an internet playlist. I’ve tried WBGO, Jazz24, JazzFm, and Real Jazz on Sirius. They all play way too much vocal stuff and R&B for my taste. I don’t want to hear people singing about the glories of jazz; I want to hear people playing the real thing.

Thanks!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm
I don't listen to internet radio too much, except for some Pandora stations I made myself, but a friend of mine plays Real Jazz from Sirius XM radio, its not too bad.
I'm going to move this post to our radio station section, you might find more stations in that section too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic