Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Norah Jones Releases First-Ever Live Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norah Jones Releases First-Ever Live Album
    Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:50am
Nearly two decades into her career, nine-time Grammy-winning singer, songwriter and pianist Norah Jones will release her first full live album ’Til We Meet Again on April 16. The fourteen-track collection presents performances in the U.S., France, Italy, Brazil and Argentina that were recorded between 2017-2019. The first single, “It Was You,” which is already available to stream or download, was recorded at the 2018 Ohana Festival in Dana Point, California with Pete Remm on organ, Christopher Thomas on bass and Brian Blade on drums. Additional musicians featured on the album include bassist Jesse Murphy, guitarist Jesse Harris, flutist Jorge Continentino and percussionist Marcelo Costa. ’Til We Meet Again can be pre-ordered now on vinyl, CD or digital download.

“Whether we’re musicians or fans, we all miss sharing the experience of live music,” Jones said in a press release. “I’ll be highlighting a different charity every week on my Facebook page to send some love to the folks who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes in the live music industry and have had their jobs put on hold. I can’t wait to all be together again.”

The songs featured on ’Til We Meet Again span Jones’ entire career, from her 2002 debut Come Away With Me (“Don’t Know Why,” “I’ve Got To See You Again,” “Cold, Cold Heart”), 2004’s Feels Like Home (“Sunrise,” “Those Sweet Words”), 2012’s Little Broken Hearts (“After The Fall”), 2016’s Day Breaks (“Flipside,” “Tragedy”), as well as her more recent singles series (“It Was You,” “Begin Again,” “Just A Little Bit,” “Falling” and the Grammy-nominated “I’ll Be Gone”). The album closes with Jones’ stunning solo piano performance of Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun,” a tribute to Chris Cornell recorded at the Fox Theatre in Detroit just days after Cornell’s death by suicide following a performance at the same venue.

The album was produced by Jones and Jamie Landry, who has worked as her front-of-house engineer on tour.

See the album trailer hereDB

from https://downbeat.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic