JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Real Book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real Book
    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:18am
Does anybody know where I might find a table of contents by artist, for the 6th edition Real Book?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 8:53am
I could not find a table of contents by artist without downloading the whole book. Finding a list of songs is easy and one site listed the composer by each song. Finding downloads of the book is very easy, but you probably already knew that.
The 6th edition is getting a lot of criticism and many prefer the 5th edition.
celski View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:03am
Yeah, I bought the book years ago and only reference now and then. Recently teaching online, I've seen a surplus of jazz students (not sure why thats happening now!) It would just be nice to know at quick reference, what songs by certain artists are in there. Curious, what are the criticisms of the 6th edition?
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:12am
The criticisms I read had to do with songs left out and songs in the wrong key. 
I own the 5th edition too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic