JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Teen newly interested in Jazz.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teen newly interested in Jazz.
    Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:03am
Hello.  A few weeks ago my mother and I watched the movie "Something's Gotta Give" and I fell in love with the soundtrack.  I especially loved the samba/jazz type songs (So Nice...).  I'd never heard anything like it!  There was also some Eartha Kitt and Coralie Clement. I wasn't as crazy about the "easy listening" songs.  But the jazzy ones just blew me away.

I want to make a Playlist of similar tunes.  Could you guys give me some tips on other classical Latin (and maybe French) jazz artists that you think could go on that list?  I don't mind doing the research if you can just give me a nudge in right direction.  I'm new to jazz and don't know what topics I might search to find the artists I like.  THANK YOU!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:20am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 9:21am
Jeanne View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:42am
Thank you so much!  I will look at those.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 2:28am
I moved this to Jazz Music Recommendations.

Edited by js - 09 Sep 2019 at 2:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic