JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HURBRET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy!
    Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:06pm
I've already made a few posts and reviews, but, hi, I'm HURBRET! (Not HURBERT, HURBRET.) I like pretty much all jazz, and I realize that sometimes when people say that it's a sign that they don't know what they're talking about. Well, I admit I am a newbie to jazz, and am not incredibly knowledgeable about all jazz. However, I mean all when I say all. I'm also a jazz pianist and occasional bassist. My favorite musician is probably John Coltrane, my favorite pianist is McCoy Tyner, and because of those first two favorites, you can probably guess what my favorite album is.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:16pm
Welcome. I have seen you around here though, but always good to give an introduction. I love Coltrane too, and Miles. The forums are a little slow, as you probably have noticed already, but we're also working to build the site up too. More members to contribute in discussion and recommendations is always welcomed.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 12:28pm
Welcome aboard Hurbret. I enjoy a wide variety also, from the early stuff up to today, traditional and avant-garde, there's lots of great music to discover.
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 5:11pm
Welcome! Looking forward to reading more reviews, Hurbret
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 8:14pm
Welcome. You seem to have already enjoyed a site. Because here is community for jazz. I hope that I give priority to pleasure. Than perfect knowledge. I hope that you share much pleasure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic