Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WGN Radio Collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WGN Radio Collection
    Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:31am
Dusty Groove has just bought the lot and will be starting to put them up for sale very soon. 12 inches, 7 inches, and other assorted methods of music production since the late fifties. I have seen the pic of the building and it is named WGN Tribune. (is it Chicago?, perhaps someone from the states can give us the exact location).

They have it all over FaceBook and all the customers, like myself who subscribe to them are salivating ( drool is just hanging there). They have truck loads as I have seen portions of their record score on their FaceBook page.

So any record collectors out there keep your eye on what's happening at Dusty Groove. Usually radio stations are a good source but sometimes there is the odd damaged record but Dusty Groove do sort very well and I would be surprised if they got through.

There should be many a gem and sure the rare collectors gems will be not cheap but all the same, there will be a lot of stuff that is just as rare and just because it has not yet reached that pricey status does not mean it is not rare or heading towards that price range

I wonder if they will have that pricey collectors album "Dinner Music For A Pack Of Hungry Cannibals" by Dave Harris and The Powerhouse Five?

Product Details

LOL I bet it is not cheap.

Here is a link and really I should keep my mouth shut as there is enough competition out there with me chasing cheap rare vinyl. ( notice the word cheap)Wink

Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:50am
Is WGN gone?
From my experience as a youth, WGN was an AM station out of Chicago that had a huge broadcast range and could be picked up in Texas and all over the nation. Many young people swore by their playlist and preferred them to local stations. Their top 40 countdown was very popular.
As I remember, they were big on promoting mid-western rock-pop-RnB acts like Chicago, 3 Dog Night, Guess Who etc.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Is WGN gone?
From my experience as a youth, WGN was an AM station out of Chicago that had a huge broadcast range and could be picked up in Texas and all over the nation. Many young people swore by their playlist and preferred them to local stations. Their top 40 countdown was very popular.
As I remember, they were big on promoting mid-western rock-pop-RnB acts like Chicago, 3 Dog Night, Guess Who etc.
I don't know if they are gone but all their records are John. They may have gone fully digital with everything in a computer and sold the vinyl. I know a lot of stations don't even have hard copies of music anymore. Most likely though if AM band....Unhappy........... Can't see the fuss really with all the foramts now. AM is good enough for me. I can remember when radio went to FM here. I was 16 when it started. Old hat now, after the introduction of Digital

There will be some good stuff for sale. They are starting to put some up today actually.
Matt
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 3:54pm
I bet that station goes back to the beginning of radio, might be some very nice early jazz for sale, I'm just guessing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic