JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heya

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heya
    Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:09am
Are we supposed to be here yet, there's no word whatsoever about this place on any of the other archives? LOL Are we still waiting for the big launch party?

But well, here we are and some of you have been for months already. I'm somewhat new to jazz, I started with Miles a year or two back and since have carefully branched out to Coltrane, Mingus, Coleman, Sanders, Jarrett and stuff. Carefully means that from the three latter ones I've heard just one album so far Tongue And now I remember I've of course listened to some fusion stuff like Mahavishnu and Weather Report before Miles hit me. My most recent interest lies in Free Jazz, with some later Coltrane output and a group called Fab Trio, which I happened to pick blindfolded from the library collection.

I also love live jazz, I had a blast last summer in Prague going to jazz clubs every night. Petr Zeman Quintet was especially fantastic, sort of fusiony thing.

I'm thinking of writing a "newbie getting into jazz" thing for the library website in the coming months, we'll see how that pans out...
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:33am
Welcome Pekka,

I see your last summer's visit to Prague converted you to active jazz fan?Wink
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:35am
It definitely had a lot to do with it, wasn't it you who suggested the Agharta club? Smile Can't thank you enough, it was a magnificent place Hug
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 4:13am

Welcome to JMA. Smile

This site just started really.
Therefore, the enjoyment extends further.

Please enjoy it. Thumbs Up

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:12pm
Gidday Pekka, great to saee you Thumbs Up
Matt
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:34pm
Thanks both Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic