JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chad Eby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chad Eby
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 1:39pm
Saxophone player, composer and bandleader

website

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:03pm
Sounds good to me, I'll add him later.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:22pm
I notice there is no information or albums on his page.  Importing trouble?

http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/chad-eby.aspx?ac=chad%20eby
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:37pm
Yes,such result means there are no data for this artist on MusicBrainzConfused. I'll add his photo, you can add albums if you likeWink

His genre's tag is hard bop (and you can write the bio if you want - I'll add it)

Edited by snobb - 28 Apr 2011 at 3:43pm
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:07pm
I don't know anything about him LOL

You could use the bio from his official site:

Saxophonist and composer Chad Eby was born in 1973, in Tarkio, Missouri. Soon after, his family moved to Iowa where he grew up and began his lifelong study of music. His musical education began on the clarinet at the age of 11, and he started to study the saxophone a year later. He went on to study music at Luther College, completing his degree in Jazz Studies at the University of North Texas. After graduating from North Texas, Eby and his wife moved to Columbus, Ohio, where he completed a Master’s Degree in Saxophone Performance from Ohio State University. While in Ohio, Eby released his first album, Triptych, gaining critical acclaim from AllAboutJazz.com and fellow saxophonists such as Branford Marsalis and Wessel Anderson. His second album, Broken Shadows, was released in February of 2010, featuring Steve Haines, Jason Marsalis, Doug Wamble , and Branford Marsalis. He is active as a composer and arranger, receiving jazz composition fellowships from the Ohio Arts Council in 2003 and the North Carolina Arts Council in 2009. His arrangements for jazz ensemble have been performed and recorded by the Columbus Jazz Orchestra, the Wynton Marsalis Quintet featuring Willie Nelson and Norah Jones, Byron Stripling and the L.A. All-Star Big Band, the U.S. Army Jazz Ambassadors, the Dallas Jazz Orchestra, and many collegiate jazz ensembles.

Edited by triceratopsoil - 28 Apr 2011 at 4:08pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
chadeby.bandcamp.com

tks
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:50pm
discog completed, bandcamp added as official site, facebook added as well
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic