JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi there

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi there
    Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:15am
Hi there

Great to see Max has expanded with a Jazz site too. I have one thing to say in that regard...WORLD DOMINATIONSmile.

Oh well Iīm Jonas. To those of you who donīt know me already Iīve been a part of Prog Archives since late 2007. I had a stint as a team Collab on the Progressive Metal Team there for a year or so. When Max and Phil started Metal Music Archives I became a Collab on the Grindcore, Death and Thrash metal teams and later Admin on that site.

My knowledge in jazz is limited and Iīve mostly listened to acts just as Miles Davis, Weather Report and Return to Forever. The jazz/ rock stuff. Itīll be interesting to read some inspiring reviews. Iīll be looking to broaden my horizon.

Edited by UMUR - 08 Apr 2011 at 3:24am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:20am

Welcome to JMA, Jonas.Smile

I also like Miles and WR.
We just started.
Therefore, the enjoyment will expand.

Please enjoy it.

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:23am
Hey Jonas,

It's nice to see you hereSmile
UMUR View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:42am
Wow I just took a look at the subgenres on the frontpage. Iīm greatly confused and feel like a complete newbieWacko. Very wet behind the ears.

But I noticed that Zappa was here and calmed down a bit Cool. I guess that was the straw I needed to not feel like a complete alien here.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:17pm
Hi Jonas :D
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 12:42pm
You gotta start somewhere. Welcome!
UMUR View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:15pm
Thanks guys and ^hi there Colin. Have we met somewhere before?Big smileWink

Edited by UMUR - 08 Apr 2011 at 2:28pm
J-Man View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 2:47pm
Welcome Jonas! And I feel the same way... I couldn't define half those genres at gunpoint! LOL
The Block View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:05pm
WElcome, I'm not used to your avatar though Tongue Or Jeff's either
[FLASH WIDTH=200 HEIGHT=200]http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/ju/uq/qi/ctures_119.jpg[/FLASH]
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 7:17pm
Hello Big smile
Matt
UMUR View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:25am
Hi Matt Smile. Itīs been a while. How are you doing?
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Hi Matt Smile. Itīs been a while. How are you doing?
Killin' em' Jonas, ( in my dreams)Wink. Really well thanks, been slaving here for a while now. Great doing all the Jazz and I get to do the Afro Cuban Big smileThumbs Up Yesterday was a bit slow. Wound up at a night club after the footy on Friday.........got home 4.30 am. My wife asked how long was Time -on at the game TongueOuchWink Told the dog to move over in its kennelUnhappy
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic