JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Jazz fan looking for suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicideking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Jazz fan looking for suggestions
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm

I have recently discovered that I'm mostly sick of my music selection, and have been listening to Real Jazz on Sirius radio. It's decent, though I find some of the songs a bit sleepy for my taste.

I'm looking for suggestions for free web based streaming stations. I use Pandora, but still pretty new to Jazz so don't know what artists to type in. So open to other web based options, or what artists you would suggest to type into Pandora.

Previous music: Mostly rock music spanning from 70's - 90's and some current artists, though not many. My favorite band of all time is Oingo Boingo. 

I like brass and guitars, but open to try pretty much anything. Prefer fast or something upbeat, etc. 
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 5:13pm
Since you are coming from a rock background you'll probably take to fusion first.
Try going on Pandora and type in Mahavishnu Orchestra for an energetic rock approach to fusion.
Try Weather Report for upbeat fusion that is less rock oriented.
Also try Billy Cobham for some more high energy fusion.
JAZZ BAKERY View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAZZ BAKERY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 1:55am
Hi,
I would also suggest Billy Cobham. I am thinking also of Deodato
Araxie View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Araxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:22am
Hello. Can you give me a list of the latest jazz tracks in 2018? Thank you!
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:37am
Originally posted by Araxie Araxie wrote:

Hello. Can you give me a list of the latest jazz tracks in 2018? Thank you!

Try this:
StarThrower View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StarThrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Liquid Soul is great for funky horns and guitars. Try the album, Here's The Deal or Make Some Noise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic