JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - two-sax live date from late '50s (maybe early 60s)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

two-sax live date from late '50s (maybe early 60s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy_physics_writer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: two-sax live date from late '50s (maybe early 60s)
    Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:29am
Last year, I was listening a lot on youtube and came across a really sweet quartet album with soprano, alto, bass and drum.  I believe it was a live recording. I'm trying to find it again, but having some trouble. 

So, what's your favorite album you've heard with this instrumentation? Hopefully your recommendations will help me rediscover the album I heard. Thanks for your help! Wink

(A few more details: I could have sworn the soprano player was Steve Lacy, but I looked at his detailed discography, and nothing turned up.)

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:39am
Steve Lacy was truly prolific so there are lot of possibilities. Thinking about double sax Lacy quartet, first what comes in mind are Lacy on soprano and Steve Pots on alto (besides of bassist JJ Avenel and drummer John Betsch)

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:29am
About the only other soprano and alto combination I can think of would be John Coltrane and Eric Dolphy, but that would probably have McCoy Tyner on piano.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic