JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Iordache album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Iordache album
    Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 10:28pm
The recoding is now done, but the sponsor's chickening out will probably delay the release (hopefully not much). For anyone interested, the project can still be supported by either
- following the instructions in Romanian here to make a donation and receive the signed album (similar scheme like at Kickstarter), or
- buy some of his releases from Bandcamp (some are free)

The new album is going in a classy, classic jazz direction. You can listen to a sample at the end of this blog:

Quote Between August 23 and September 4 I was in Timisoara and recorded my next jazz album.
The sponsor who had promised to pay all the expenses – in exchange of his company’s logo on the back sleeve of the album – vanished mysteriously.
The album was recorded with the support of the Youth House in Timisoara, who offered us their concert hall, a space with very good acoustics. Utu Pascu rebuilt his recording studio, Atelier TM, on stage.
Besides myself, drummer Tavi Scurtu and bassist Utu Pascu there were Petre Ionutescu on trumpet, Lucian Nagy (saxophone) – both from Blazzaj – Dan Alex Mitrofan on guitar and Toni Kuhn on guitar and keyboards. It was a great joy for me to have them participating in these recordings, because they are some of my favourite musicians. I was especially happy to record with Toni Kuhn, who is known to Romanian rock fans from Post Scriptum, a legendary progressive rock group. The first time I saw him I was a teenager, it was in the 80′s and he was a member of the Eugen Gondi Quartet, one of the most interesting jazz bands in those times.

http://iordachejazzsax.wordpress.com/2011/09/20/timisoara/

Edited by harmonium.ro - 06 Oct 2011 at 10:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic