JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Could my sig be resized a bit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could my sig be resized a bit?
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:18pm
OK for help in case it's needed I've got one version posted on PA and the version here is a link to mine on PA.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 1:31am
It's not huge on PA because PA automatically resizes it (because people had huge sigs in the past), I guess Max did not transfer the software? Do you seriously not know how to scale an image and reupload it? If you don't feel like downloading GIMP, there are websites like pixlr and picnik, and imgur can resize something after you've uploaded it.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:22pm
if you have windows 7 you can use MS paint without it being fail

otherwise there is what Henry said or also paint.net
Imageshack can resize uploads too, but it has pooploads of popups if you use it wrong
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 5:04pm
Huh, I didn't know Windows 7 paint wasn't fail. Don't use imageshack, they suck. imgur is really the only good imagehosting left (unless you need the image to not be recompressed, in which case you should use abload.de), and I think it may crumble, but if it does half the internet will go with it and you'll be in good company in your reupload (it used 960 terabytes of bandwidth last month!).
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:31pm
By the way, I know how to resize something myself. 

To clarify and restate: why doesn't this site do that automatically like PA? 
                                                                                                                       I kind of like it large and busting off the web page. LOL

Edited by Slartibartfast - 17 Aug 2011 at 7:35pm
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Huh, I didn't know Windows 7 paint wasn't fail. 

Yeah, it's got a built-in resize function so you don't have to grab the corner and hope you sort of maintain aspect ratio.
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:32pm

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

To clarify and restate: why doesn't this site do that automatically like PA?

I don't know, but Max has been pretty much AWOL for the past few months, so you're better off resizing it yourself. Although it doesn't matter to me, I blocked it...
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Although it doesn't matter to me, I blocked it...
                                                                              CryLOL
I guess the way to go is to get to right size here and link it in at PA.

Edited by Slartibartfast - 18 Aug 2011 at 9:04pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 10:16pm
I assume you want it bigger, right?
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 11:07am
Yeah let's see if I can get it to full scale. Tongue
I went to my profile on PA and it's oversized there, too.  LOL
I'll resize it when can get around to it today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic