JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011 at 10:46pm

The capital of Japan adopted the festival of the samba for local activation approximately 30 years ago. I believe that this festival is Japan and the evidence of the friendship of Brazil not to mention me.Thumbs Up

I chose some the images and was going to put it here. However, most of their clothes are a swimsuit and accessories.

Therefore, I chose the image according to the rule of the site.LOL

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 8:00am
I think the images below are OK, Kazuhiro-san and fellows. Wink

In Japan:

In Finland:

In the UK:

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 8:17am
We had these same parades in San Francisco every year. I lived on the parade route for about 7 years and always had a guaranted front row seat from my stoop.
This was in San Francisco's well-known Latin neighborhood, "The Mission".

Edited by js - 09 Oct 2011 at 8:24am
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 7:40pm
Clara Nunes (1943-1983), supreme goddess of samba.

This one goes especially to Kazuhiro:

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 8:13pm

Really thank you very much, GuigoHug I checked that Clara Nunes was a splendid singer. Of course I was able to understand it because a text and an interview had subtitles.Handshake

I always loved melodies of the sambas. However, I noticed that the civic sadness and sorrow and joy were included there if I watched a text.

However, they do not always grieve. They always include it in a text and a melody proudly.

Clara Nunes said it in an interview. And she said that music went over the border.

I should know the history and the culture to be included in a samba.
I believe that it can know pleasure for samba and Bossa Nova from a different angle.Handshake

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 11:12am
The almost perfect samba-choro jam-session (around 1976).
Chico Buarque just finished the lyrics upon a tune by Francis Hime (piano) and sang it.

Another song by Chico Buarque & Francis Hime. A tribute to Brazilian birds and a complaint against environmental destruction.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 11:23am
Edu Lobo, another genius of the modern Brazilian music.

Now, a jointing effort of Edu Lobo with the omnipresent Chico Buarque, this time with Milton Nascimento's angelical voice.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:06pm
Brothers Marcos Valle and Paulo Sergio Valle composed this gem which was Elis Regina first hit, back in 1964.

Also brothers Valle composed this clear bossa-nova standard:

Edited by Atkingani - 19 Oct 2011 at 2:10pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:09pm
Is Edu Lobo the singer guitarist? Sounds like jazz to me, it also sounds very close to Bossa Nova.

Edited by js - 19 Oct 2011 at 2:09pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:12pm
Apparently we already have Lobo here under Bossa Nova.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Is Edu Lobo the singer guitarist? Sounds like jazz to me, it also sounds very close to Bossa Nova.

Indeed, John... Smile

Edu Lobo (and also Marcos Valle) started their careers in the bossa nova trend.

EDIT: I checked now and Edu Lobo is here! Thumbs Up

Edited by Atkingani - 19 Oct 2011 at 2:14pm
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:18pm
 ...and Valle too. 
Lately I have been spending time trying to catch up on current jazz artists with new CDs out, there's a lot out there.
Who knew so many people play jazz. ?  Ermm

Edited by js - 19 Oct 2011 at 2:18pm
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 2:31pm
The Godoy brothers - a reference when the word 'piano' appears.

1. Here, Amilton Godoy with his Zimbo Trio (almost 50 years of quality):

2. Now, Amilson Godoy with his a bit more classical approach:

3. And finally, Adylson Godoy:

Edited by Atkingani - 19 Oct 2011 at 4:17pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 8:07pm
Thank you. I enjoyed a video of Marcos Valle which Guigo put. And I noticed that a song of Marcos Valle was the same as "So Nice" of Sergio Mendes.
I always love Marcos Valle. I suppose that probably he went pure bossa nova about an early work. However, he always performed modern music. I think that "Previsao do tempo" announced in 1973 in particular is a predominantly splendid album.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 5:27pm
Right, Kazuhiro, "So nice" is the English/American version of "Samba de verão" (Summer samba). 

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:08pm

Thank you, Guigo. I always like this song. The melody always gives eases.

It is the feeling that the version of Diana Krall is good for. And I heard a version of Wanda De Sah personally.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 9:19am
Saturday is the day I like to bring some new faces here:

Arlindo Cruz, is not young but only recently he hit the charts and if we consider the view counting on YouTube he really came to stay.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2011 at 9:26am
João Nogueira (1941-2000) was a great in the samba kingdom. A pure 'sambist' indeed.

Diogo Nogueira, is trailing the path of his father João Nogueira.

Edited by js - 21 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:34pm
In the 60s and 70s we had samba-rock (Jorge Benjor & clones), samba-soul (Tim Maia & clones), samba-dance (disco-like style) and also other variations like sambalanço (samba-swing), where Wilson Simonal (1938-2000) was the dominating presence:

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 3:39pm
Samba-pop was a subgenre very popular in the 70s.

Benito di Paula was then the main star in this sub-genre:

Another name was Agepê (1942-1995), considered a precursor of modern pagode.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
  Share Topic