Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Samba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:36pm
That play on words would never be caught here, where Tony is short for Antonio and Tom is short for Thomas.

Edited by js - 17 Apr 2013 at 10:40pm
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 10:21pm
A real samba song (actually a couple of 2 songs) by two samba masters (Candeia & Manaceia) both already in the other side of life.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:33pm
Paulinho Moska, a young artist, coming from the pop-rock scene singing a classic samba in a bossa-nova style.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm
A bossa-nova standard composed around 1957 by Tom Jobim (1927-1994) and Newton Mendonça (1927-1960).

Thisparticular track was recorded by Nara Leão (1942-1989) in 1971.

Here the register done by Sinatra in 1967.

Edited by Atkingani - 27 Apr 2013 at 5:44pm
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:52am
Eliana Pittman, born 1945, is the Brasilian stepdaughter of American saxophonist Booker Pittman hence related to the great Booker T. Washington.

Edited by Atkingani - 04 May 2013 at 10:02am
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 10:07am
Some "experimentalists" of the Brasilian musical scenario.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 7:17pm
Raphael Rabello (1962-1995) introducing the 7-string guitar to Paco de Lucía. "Beautiful!", commented Lucía. 

Raphael Rabello was probably the most latented guitarist Brasil has ever produced... what a pity he left us so soon.

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 8:54am
Seu Jorge, the soul side of the Brasilian music.

Ana Carolina, the pop side of the Brasilian music

Ana Carolina & Seu Jorge doing a version of a Damien Rice's song with a huge emotion.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 11:03am
Thank you, Guigo. The recent Brazilian music seems to have really various factors. Possibly the recent Brazilian youth may like music such as the videos which Guigo put. It was only a samba and bossa nova of the 70s that I knew.

By the way, I am crazy about Azymuth now. I do not understand the degree of the recognition in Brazil of this band, but I like the thing that their old thing is new.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 12 May 2013 at 11:05am
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

By the way, I am crazy about Azymuth now. I do not understand the degree of the recognition in Brazil of this band, but I like the thing that their old thing is new.

Azymuth was very popular back in the 1970s and 1980s, Kazuhiro-san. Smile
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 8:05am
Saturday morning...

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 4:07pm
A folk theme recorded in the samba manner by Paulinho da Viola & friends.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 9:34pm
Thank you. The video clip that Guigo established was blocked in Japan. Therefore, I referred to others. The musician who still does traditional music in this way is very good.

I do not know the latest information of current "Billboard Brasil". Probably even the United States and a British thing will be mixed in a chart. However, I always love samba and bossa nova.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 8:53pm

Thank you. The video clip that Guigo established was blocked in Japan. Therefore, I referred to others. The musician who still does traditional music in this way is very good.

I do not know the latest information of current "Billboard Brasil". Probably even the United States and a British thing will be mixed in a chart. However, I always love samba and bossa nova.

Thanks, Kazuhiro-san.

Nowadays, samba, bossa nova, rock, jazz, metal and even conventional pop do poorly in the charts.  What we have is low-quality pop with poor lyrics and some dancing moments. Sadly this kind of music does the international charts too, like the one below (check the YouTube number of hits):

Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 6:44pm
Milton Nascimento ever and ever!

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 10:15pm
A voice of Brazil!!! Thank you for sharing this, Guigo-san. Milton Nascimento seems to have a really splendid voice. His recognition rose by "Native Dancer" of Wayne Shorter in at least Japan.

I still listened to music such as Azymuth, but heard even Egberto Gismonti recently. I will still investigate various Brazilian music.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 7:34pm

A voice of Brazil!!!

Nice definition, Kazuhiro-san!
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 10:39am
Chico Buarque, kind of a symbol of the Brasilian soul.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 1:59pm
Hamilton De Holanda has been added to the site:
Atkingani View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 8:52am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Hamilton De Holanda has been added to the site:

Very good news! Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic