Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
Author
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 2:38am
I got some sake recently that said to keep it chilled, but I must say I prefer it warm

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 5:27am
Warm sake is fine in usually chilly SF, but thats not going to work around here in the summer time. Wink
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

Mr.Damo which was my friend ate with me in a bar in Tokyo last night. There were too many conversations and alcohol. The shop provides a lot of alcohol called "Shoutyu". Shoutyu is originally alcohol made in a district of Mongolia. And we ordered a dish in conformity to the alcohol. Some images may have difficult distinction.

In the left side of the photograph, the internal organs and the body of some fish ferment. The people liking alcohol often eat such a thing. In the right side of the photograph, an egg roasted well is surrounded. The leaf of the perilla enters among them.

There is the dish that "tofu" is lifted up in oil on the left side of the photograph. The seasoning is almost soy sauce. Or the dogtooth violet starch is used, too. There is the slice of the fish on the right side of the photograph. It is very delicious. And there is Shoutyu which Mr.Damo swallows up in the depths of the photograph.

However, I do not almost know the taste of the dish. Mr.Damo reached Tokyo and entered this shop with me immediately. Because he was very hungry, he almost ate all dishes.LOL
Big smile

Enjoyed shochu and discussion about progressive rock, jazz music. Cool
--

DamoXt7942

Guilt Is A Great Motivator.
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:48am
Beer
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:49am
You forgot to invite me. Ermm
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2011 at 12:25am
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Warm sake is fine in usually chilly SF, but thats not going to work around here in the summer time. Wink
yes I suppose that's true--  sake cocktails?  I'd try one.   Still though, I think the flavor is better warm, it mellows the taste and brings out the alcohol aromatics.   But you're right I'd probably just get a Long Island Iced Tea in hot weather (and I mean hot, these people in NorCal think 80 is hot.. pssh)

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 12:25am
This afternoon too busy to have any lunch ... Dead
--

DamoXt7942

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:04am
It is cold tonight. Please prepare for a good dish and warm alcohol.Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:32am
Winter time is time for baked potatoes, they're cheap and easy to prepare. No cold drinks for me in the winter, I drink my beer and gin & tonics at room temperature, or I have hot chocolate with spiced rum.
Most people in the US still drink their beer cold in the winter.  Wacko   They run the heater in the house too much, bleh.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 11:19pm
A while before I've come back home from Nagoya, where a loud psychedelia (by Acid Mothers Temple) landed upon yesterday.

Tonight (sorry not as to lunch) I'll have a dinner of good fish, vegetables, and hot (not cold!) sake, with my family.

Hey John, cold beer is good under a HOT air-conditioner or oil-heater. LOL
--

DamoXt7942

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2011 at 6:08am
Cold beer can save your life in hot summer day, but can't imagine drinking it in winterDead. Starting from first cool days here we go for a brandy Wink - good arms against cold moisture. When lived in Southern Europe main drink was wine all around the year though (they don't have good beer)

Edited by snobb - 11 Dec 2011 at 11:54am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:03am
Oh, brandy ... hearty warmness. Heart
And in Japan, shochu with hot water is another good choice. Beer
--

DamoXt7942

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:30am
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

And in Japan, shochu with hot water is another good choice. Beer

I drink only this every night.WackoSmile
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:15pm

We had many talks about the food culture of each country this year here. Of course I introduced food known well in Japan. And, as for the image which I put here, this year may be the last. And the image which I just put here is today's lunch.

Because the container is made with ceramics, the heat is stored. The leaf of the chrysanthemum. Konjac. A leek. An egg. shimeji mushrooms.

Japanese original noodles enter among them. The noodles are big. The seasoning is almost soy sauce. The Japanese eats such a dish in winter and warms the body.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:22pm
Those are some big noodles Shocked

The other day I was at my favorite local Thai restaurant and the owner and I were talking and he brought me a strange bottle that he said was "Chinese moonshine". I tried a glass, it was good with very unique flavors that I didn't recognize. It also seemed to have some healing capabilities for both head and sinuses as well as muscle relaxation. It really seemed to help some chronic back pain.
Have you ever heard of this Chinese moonshine ?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:31pm
I have really tried some Chinese alcohol. However, I did not know it about the illegally brewed liquor. Japan had illegally brewed liquor in old days, but is forbidden producing it not to mention in the present. Probably the illegally brewed liquor might be fascination and a wonder for John.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:35pm
Probably thing like this.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:42pm
I never saw the entire bottle, it was wrapped in a cloth bag.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:47pm
Then probably the alcohol which John experienced would be real. The alcohol which was made in the shop. Not a thing sold in a shop. Probably I may not experience it by daily life.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:09pm
He said some licqour stores in the US with a large Chinese population might sell it, probably San Francisco, maybe even Houston.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 18>
  Share Topic