JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:23pm

The cake which my son ate on the night of yesterday. Because it was just a birthday. All the cakes are made of ice cream.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:39pm
Looks good. I guess the cakes melt quickly?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:46pm
Yes. I store the cake in a freezer immediately. The candle which I stabbed because the son is 3 years old is 3.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 10 Nov 2011 at 10:49pm
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:26pm
I remember 'Ice cream cake' where the ice cream is baked inside of regular cake--  it's a pretty neat baking trick

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:39pm
I said that Japan depended on an almost overseas technique about a cake and a cake before. Probably I thought that a homemade cake might be made in each family in U.S.A.
Or the kind of a splendid cake to offer in a shop.

By the way, a photograph of the cakes which I put is the cake which I ordered in a Japanese ice cream shop. The name of the shop is called "31 Ice Cream".

The shop is called "Baskin-Robbins" in U.S.A.
I did not know the reason different in the name of the shop.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:42pm
My favorite flavor of theirs is daquiri ice, great color too.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:51pm
I was shocked by taste of the ice cream of the mint chocolate since Baskin-Robbins struck Japan. I remember that I learned that there is such an ice cream for the first time at that point.

Probably it is about time when I am in my teens.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:58pm
I was shocked when I tasted fermented soybeans at a sushi shop. Shocked
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 12:07am
LOLSurely. Natto is the food that a soybean fermented. It is a unique smell. There is often a person in disfavor with Natto in Japan. By the way, I do not yet know the taste of Daiquiri ice. I will try it this time.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Kazuhiro Kazuhiro wrote:

The name of the shop is called "31 Ice Cream".

The shop is called "Baskin-Robbins" in U.S.A.
I did not know the reason different in the name of the shop.
Oddly enough Baskin-Robbins actually translates into 31. Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - 12 Nov 2011 at 9:11am
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 6:10pm
Really?
Is the store's name known to 31 in U.S.A.?ShockedSmile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 9:53pm
He's kidding, 31 is the number of flavors, Baskin and Robbins are the people who started it. In the US it is called Baskin Robbins 31 flavors or something like that.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2011 at 10:02pm
I see. Because can eat different ice cream every day for one month; of 31 the information of the Internet said that named it.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 1:45am
 ^ yes that makes sense, and there was a time when 31 was a lot of ice cream varieties
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 9:12am
No, if you translate it back into americanese it comes out as 42.

Edited by Slartibartfast - 12 Nov 2011 at 9:12am
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 9:14am
What is it in Brianese?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 11:02pm
Mr.Damo which was my friend ate with me in a bar in Tokyo last night. There were too many conversations and alcohol. The shop provides a lot of alcohol called "Shoutyu". Shoutyu is originally alcohol made in a district of Mongolia. And we ordered a dish in conformity to the alcohol. Some images may have difficult distinction.

In the left side of the photograph, the internal organs and the body of some fish ferment. The people liking alcohol often eat such a thing. In the right side of the photograph, an egg roasted well is surrounded. The leaf of the perilla enters among them.

There is the dish that "tofu" is lifted up in oil on the left side of the photograph. The seasoning is almost soy sauce. Or the dogtooth violet starch is used, too. There is the slice of the fish on the right side of the photograph. It is very delicious. And there is Shoutyu which Mr.Damo swallows up in the depths of the photograph.

However, I do not almost know the taste of the dish. Mr.Damo reached Tokyo and entered this shop with me immediately. Because he was very hungry, he almost ate all dishes.LOL
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:21am
Wow, looks good, sorry I missed this.
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:41pm
 That sounds like a good time, I must look for some Shoutyu.   What is it made from Kaz, do you know?   I've also been wanting to try cachaça, the sugarcane liquor they make in South America

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 7:04pm
Yes. Shoutyu as raw materials rice and wheat. Or it is the distilled liquor which deep red potato and brown sugar were used for. Shoutyu is popular recently in the bar of Japan. Shoutyu has a manufacturer in each place in Japan. Shoutyu with a potato as raw materials is liked in the area of Minami Nihon(South area of Japan)

Mr.Damo ordered Shoutyu which I just distilled in a shop with me. It had a very heavy flavor and fragrance. There was almost a sense such as the brandy.

Edited by Kazuhiro - 13 Nov 2011 at 7:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic