Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 7:59pm
This appearance is confirmed.

Edited by js - 29 Sep 2011 at 8:08pm
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:02pm
Tongue I wrote "pixelated". Pixels! aaah!

My computer tells me it's spelled "pix elated" or "pix-elated" though.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:08pm
Corrected
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 8:10pm
LOL

Handshake
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 10:43pm

Some fish and mushrooms often equal a dining table as an autumn cooking ingredient in Japan.

As for lunch which I chose, it is included. A salmon and the mushroom coil themselves round the pasta with white cream.

A cuttlefish and a bamboo shoot. Jew's Ear becomes available inside, too. The green vegetables are the buds which grew from garlic. The seasoning is a source of soy sauce and the oyster. The appearance is Exotica.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:25am
Never had one of these that I know of:

Do you like chili peppers?  We grow some awesome varieties at home in pots.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:56am
I can't tell what that picture is.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 8:49pm
Yes. I like chili peppers, too. Japan uses it for various dishes, too. And the bent shape resembles a Guinea pepper as a kind.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 9:00pm

Brian knew Jew's Ear. It is the mushroom which these inhabit the Asian area mainly, and is often cooked.

There is not the taste. It is sold in the states that they are harvested in a wet area, and it was dried in a shop. I cook after soaking it in water and hot water when I cook it.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:54pm
I had spaghetti today with homemade sauce made hot and sweet southern soul food style. I got the sauce idea from a eating at a local restaurant. Its your basic marinara only with more herbs, chopped peppers and brown sugar and other stuff, very tasty.
Now I'm having grilled eggplant sandwiches with the same sauce.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:08pm
Yes. Yes. I am going to often reproduce taste to offer at a restaurant at home. However, I know that I can never do a thing.

The pasta and sandwich look very good. Probably the hot sauce looks like almighty about a dish to some extent.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:11pm
Probably I knew that there was Thanksgiving Day approximately one month later, but of course I have not experienced it.

Probably each family will cook an original dish. A turkey and vegetables.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:16pm
Yeah, in the south Thanksgiving can also mean sweet potatoes, cranberries, corn meal dressing, pecan pie, green beans, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits and more.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 7:22pm
It is very splendid. It is completely an imitation if I supply food in Japan and do a thing. Probably Japan will prepare for cooking like them in the New Year.Smile
Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:26pm
Thanksgiving is one of the best meals (though you usually can never eart as much as you'd like because there are always at least 5 or 6 different dishes and quite rich with the stuffing (dressing), sweet & mashed potatoes, and pie. 

I like to make creamed onions to bring to the table, one of my favorites, and I'm always glad to see either green beans or Brussels. 

My creamed onion recipe ('creamed onions' may sound terrible, but they come out mild, sweet and delicious, a perfect side to complement the other classics and really simple to make)  - -

Pearl onions, half a pound or so
Chicken stock
Heavy cream or Half&Half
A pinch of nutmeg
S&P to taste

Cut off tops of pearl onions and and peel, sautee in a large pan at low to medium heat in some olive oil and a little butter till they begin to brown around edges.   Add enough chicken stock (Broth will do but stock is much better) till the onions are half in liquid, and simmer on low till onions are tender and stock has reduced.  Add the cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg and continue to simmer on low till cream has reduced and all is rich and tasty.

Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

I had spaghetti today with homemade sauce made hot and sweet southern soul food style. I got the sauce idea from a eating at a local restaurant. Its your basic marinara only with more herbs, chopped peppers and brown sugar and other stuff, very tasty.
Now I'm having grilled eggplant sandwiches with the same sauce.
I make a very similar 'picante' when I'm broke, or just cause it's good.  Garlic, olive oil, tomato paste thinned with a bit of water, brown sugar, some hot chilis or hotsauce, Worcestershire, and a slice of lemon.  Sometime I'll add Pickapeppa sauce (a very good tamarind-based product with a parrot on the label.)

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 5:14am
Sounds good, I always have a bottle of pickapeppa on hand. Sometimes I'll use it as a dip for tortilla chips by itself.
I learned about it from a micorbrew and sandwich and chili place on about 11th in SF. I forget the name, they were there a long time, but I think they finally went out of business. They usually had about 6 homemade beers on tap, one was called Polly wanna porter.
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:11pm
hiccup post

Edited by Slartibartfast - 27 Oct 2011 at 5:52pm
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by js js wrote:

Yeah, in the south Thanksgiving can also mean sweet potatoes, cranberries, corn meal dressing, pecan pie, green beans, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes and gravy, biscuits and more.

This has become a must make dish:
Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes

2    large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed  
2 Tbs   unsalted butter  
1    whole canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped  
1 tsp   adobo sauce from can of peppers  
1/2 tsp   salt  

1 Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer into a large pot of simmering water that is no closer than 2 inches from the bottom of basket. Allow to steam for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Add butter to potatoes and mash with potato masher. Add peppers, sauce, and salt and continue mashing to combine. Serve immediately.

Recipe Source
Author: Alton Brown

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:54pm
Sounds interesting, I might try that one sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic