FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lets Do Lunch (around the world).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 10:11pm
It is a splendid pair. You should surely refrain from the excessive intakes of the alcohol. However, I heard Timeless All-Stars while I drank a gin and tonic in a jazz bar accidentally the other day. I have slept a little at that point. The master of the shop told me to go home.

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:54pm
I had a gin and tonic before the pizza, but just water with my meal. Beer would have been good, but I try to drink just a little during the work week.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:45pm
I think that I want you to tell an impression if a pizza is completed. Or it will be good if even a drink in conformity to a pizza was prepared.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:17pm
Homemade pizza tonight, the crust is store bought.
Took an uncooked pizza crust and brushed it with olive oil and then sprinkled on sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, white onion, green onions, red pepper and feta cheese. Its cooking right now. Stern Smile ..must have patience.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 4:08am
Tuna salad is only a tuna and a lettuce. The seasoning is salt and pepper and mayonnaise.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 3:59am
Looks good, what was in the tuna salad?
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 12:21am
The dinner a few days ago. Not lunch. It is the Indian dish restaurant again.

I ordered Kingfisher and tuna salad.

The shrimp is fried in oil. The beer to it is from Nepal.

I was going to order Rum from India as always. However, I found different Rum. It is Rum from Nepal. Taste and the fragrance such as the medicinal herb which is strong in addition to the mellow sweetness that Rum has equally. This Rum was a shock for me. Very splendid. The name is "Khukri Rum"

I asked the master of the shop about the dish which matched Khukri Rum well. The master of the shop recommended mutton to me. Very hot spice. Mutton and the vegetables stick in a skewer.

A shop.

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:37pm
Yes. I thought that there was a lot the Japanese who trained itself in earnest in the United States. It is, for example, a cook for Sushi. There are many restaurants of Italian food and the French food in Japan, but is very expensive. It really had only ice cream and the shop such as the hamburger if I wanted an American dish in Japan.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:24pm
Being a fan of really good Japanese food, I can assure you it is also hard to get really good Japanese food in the US, except maybe on the Pacific coast.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:18pm
Probably the import food sold in Japan is limited. If I compromise and make it, it will be false taste surely. OuchBig smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:08pm
It is a very American type dish, possibly rooted in Irish culture.
Just take a potato soup with a very small amount of broth and while its boiling start adding sweet dark ale like Newcastle, plus shredded cheddar cheese until it tastes good, yum yum. Big smile
Now I wish I had some more.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:00pm
The soup is not known very much in Japan, but it looks very good and sees it. Probably it is an American traditional dish or a home-cooked meal. I want to try it if I can easily make it. Smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:25am
Just made some beer cheddar soup, mmmm that is some good!  Big smile
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:58am
I don't eat much dairy products myself, they are not that particularly good for you, but Feta Cheese makes a good flavoring for salads or pizza.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 9:46am
The homemade pizza looks good. Because they can use the favorite vegetables, the people may satisfy it enough. And the feta cheese did not spread very much in Japan. Probably the cheese which was made with the milk of a sheep and the goat. The price of dairy products soared recently in Japan. The Japanese common people always look for cheap food.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2012 at 2:45am
I always enjoy seeing those pictures. 
I've been into making pizzas lately. I buy the crust from Whole Foods grocery and then make my own sauce and add thinly chopped vegetables, maybe a little cheese. I have different variations, one favorite centers around beets and feta cheese.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 9:19pm

I had a topic about various lunch and food culture this year. It was very interesting and was significant.

Japanese traditional noodles. I am called "Soba" in Japan. Probably it is buckwheat noodles.

The seasoning is almost soy sauce, but the compounding is complicated. A leek and the red pepper carved with let a flavor be outstanding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soba

Atavachron View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 2:12am
yes, and to thaw in the fridge, very important
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I just got a new oven, just an inexpensive GE model but it's fine for what I need.  Our old one was terrible; the oven & broiler had stopped working and only two burners would come on.  I look forward to doing a big turkey dinner at home finally.

Don't forget to thaw it first, typical mistake of a first time turkey baker.
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2012 at 10:59pm

Ooh. It really looks good. It is most suitable for big food. Even as for not only the meat but also the vegetables. I prepare for the report of the fire engine by the inhabitants near the house and must do it. Smile

Joking aside. I seem to really spend time for a dish effectively in the United States. Even seasoning seems to be homemade. As for the Japanese thing, approximately commercial. It is slightly terrible taste.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic