Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >Jazz related lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R.I.P., Big Man

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JMA Special Collaborator
JMA Special Collaborator
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicapah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P., Big Man
    Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:22am
Clarence Clemons may not have been a jazzer per se but, Lord, could he make that saxophone sing!  He defines the word "irreplaceable" and the E Street Band will never be the same without him.  If not for him Bruce's ensemble would've been just another rock group.  He will be missed by millions.
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 9:24am
Yeah, I always liked Clemons, it won't be the same band without him, I guess I was never a huge fan of 'the boss', but I know his shows were inspiring to many and Clemons was a big part of that.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 10:25am
I never knew if he did something out of the E Street Band until yesterday and the news about his death.
Turns out he did with J Brown! I'll have to check it out soon.

RIP.

Edited by Sean Trane - 20 Jun 2011 at 10:25am
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011 at 7:40pm
This news had already been spread to Japan. His name and performance will be succeeded.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 5:42pm
What Clarence Clemons died? I did not know. Anybody got a link for the story. Who can ever forget "JungleLand". Really sad for me. What about Aretha Franklin's, "Freeway of Love". So many great rock solo's. He was the best BeerShockedCry
Matt
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011 at 10:49pm
Not really a Bruce fan but sad nonetheless.

RIP
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic