JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Suggest new bands/artists to JMA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Farina

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Farina
    Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:23pm
Kazuhiro View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazuhiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:32pm
Yes. I think that this may go to the section of DJ/Hip-Hop Jazz.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 8:34pm
i wish i could find better examples too. His Mushroom Jazz vol. 5 album is some of the best jazz mixed with hip-hop/beats ever made
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 9:00pm
Thanks for the suggestion.
Originally I did have Farina on here, but then I went on a purge through the DJ section and cleaned a lot of people out.
The first problem with Farina is that his discog has a lot of house in it. The other problem is that he uses a lot of standard looping techniques that so many others use. If you check most of the artists in our DJ Jazz section, what a lot of them are doing is something more creative and more like real jazz.
Farina is OK, but I think he would open the door to too many similar artists in the cut and loop trip-hop crowd.
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 11:46pm
i gotcha. I didnt actually go through that section yet. i figured id try to get him added as i know a few albums of his, and i dont have a lot of this type of music
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 6:30am
Its all those house records that come with his full discog that is the buzz killer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic