JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report errors & omissions here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PaNoPTiCon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PaNoPTiCon
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 2:51pm
Hi there !
First and foremost, i would like to thank you for the great site you've been building right now.
Hopefully it will be soon as impressive as Progarchives already is.

I would like to mention some mistake about the band PaNoPTiCoN which is referenced on your website.
Well, there are different Panopticon worldwide and the albums already displayed here have nothing to do with the one i am talking about which is indeed involved in jazz.
Someone with (no doubt about it) good intentions added those two albums to the band which are by no means linked to the Belgium band which is the object of my message here.
And if i am so sure about what i say, it is because i'm the leader of the band, so you can trust me ...

If any moderators see this message, it would be greatly appreciated to see those two albums ("Panopticon" and "Collide") disappear from the PaNoPTiCoN page.

Pay a visit to my website to check the sources (more than fourty concerts you can listen to for free and in full) :
http://enterpanopticon.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Domenico
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:26pm
Fast as hell.
Thanks Snobb Wink
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:35am
Hi there !

Well ... Trying to complete our discography by adding albums each by each it appeared that i was in front of a dead end : there are only ten entries accepted by year (which should be indicated by numbers from 0 to 9).
Lucky me, PaNoPTiCoN do release a bunch of twelve live performances by year ... Confused

So what should happened did happen indeed : the eleventh release of our second year of activity (2008), Live @ Roskam Café, does not appear at the right place but precedes the first entry of 2008, Live @ De Kriekelaar !!!
The thing is, even if this error could be corrected, i have still another release (Live @ Sazz N Jazz) to enter to complete the year. I stopped there not to make more errors.

And most of all, it might occur once again for the next seasons as we released indeed 12 other live albums in 2010, and hopefully we'll do the same for 2011 !

So if you can rectify this, please be sure to tell me what i should do to correctly valid eleventh and twelfth entries from years 2008, 2010 and 2011 as i don't want to disturb you again ... Thank you so much for your help !

Here's a quick view of what you might expect :

(0) Live @ DNA
(1) Live @ Atelier 210
(2) Live @ Zebra Bar
(3) Live @ Biberium
(4) Live @ Windows
(5) Live @ Biouel Barge
(0) Live @ De Kriekelaar
(1) Live @ DNA ... Again !!!
(2) Live @ L'Os a Moelle
(3) Live @ La Cigogne
(4) Live @ Garcia Lorca
(5) Live @ L'Evasion du 133a
(6) Live @ L'An Vert
(7) Live @ Nocturnes ULB
(8) Live Solstice #01
(9) Live Solstice #02
(?) Live @ Roskam Café !!! now precedes, but shouldn't (0) Live @ De Kriekelaar
(?) Live @ Sazz 'N' Jazz
(0) Revenge : Live @ Café Central
(1) PaNoP3io + 1 : Live @ Atelier 210
(2) Night Sparkle : Live @ PP Café
(3) PaNoP2uo + 2 : Live @ L'An Vert
(0) Backbone : Live @ L'Os a Moelle
(1) Sound Palette : Live @ Coiffure Liliane
(2) The Big Mess : Live @ Belvedere
(3) Dots & Deeds : Live @ Point Jazz
(4) Summer Madness : Live @ Jazz Marathon
(5) At The Four Corners of The World Volume 1 : Live @ Jazz Jette June
(6) At The Four Corners of The World Volume 2 : Live @ Jazz Jette June
(7) Live @ Bonnefooi
(8) Live @ Passé Simple
(9) On Air Live Radio Broadcast

(?) Live with Strings
(?) Live with Strings II
(0) Live @ Magasin 4
(1) Live @ Factory Studio
(2) Live @ Théâtre Royal de Namur
(3) Live @ Brass
(4) Live @ El Negocito
(5) Live @ LR6
(6) Live @ Le Periscope
(7) Live @ La Tete d'Or
(8) ...
(9) ...
(?) ...
(?) ...

In blue, live albums already added to the Jazzarchives database
In black, live albums that should be added next
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:10am
I'll check the situation and will return with solution
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 2:22pm
Hey, Dom...

How was that managed in ProgArchives??...
I don't remember it being a problem...Confused

Were you able to go beyond  order #9???

Regards Wink

Hugues
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:08pm
Hi Sean Wink

Well, as far as i remember, it wasn't number but letters i had to enter ... A to Z leaving more possibilities than 0 to 9

Thanks,
Dom'
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:10pm
Right now we're checking with Max to see if the numbers can be made to go higher than 9.
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:55am
Hi Js !

I was wondering : what if you delete all the live albums entries from 2008 ?
I should be able to repost them later on ... when i'll be sure i could do it correctly.

For instance, what would happen if i enter all the twelve albums from 2008 in chronological order without adding the number of issue (from 0 to 9) ? Is there any chance they will appear in order ?

Another question for a possible addition : i do have movies from the band but none are displayed on Youtube (it's on Megaupload most of the time). Is it then impossible to add them to the video page ?

Thank you so much for your efforts,
Regards,
Domenico
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:08pm
I'll delete all your added live albums right now and you can try add them without adding the number of issue in chronological order (as you suggested above). Let see what happens,may be it's a good solution.

You can upload any movie you like on YouTube and add it on JMA, I afraid it's only possible way 
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:39am
Thanks Snobb.
Maybe you can erase the three live albums remaining. I'll start it over again :o))
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:48am
All the live albums have been deleted.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Drummer Drummer wrote:

Hi Js !

I was wondering : what if you delete all the live albums entries from 2008 ?
I should be able to repost them later on ... when i'll be sure i could do it correctly.

For instance, what would happen if i enter all the twelve albums from 2008 in chronological order without adding the number of issue (from 0 to 9) ? Is there any chance they will appear in order ?

Another question for a possible addition : i do have movies from the band but none are displayed on Youtube (it's on Megaupload most of the time). Is it then impossible to add them to the video page ?

Thank you so much for your efforts,
Regards,
Domenico

I think the alphabetical order will rule for release of the same year.... and since all of your live albums are called live@, I figure the system will go nuts figuring which album comes first...

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 7:30am
Prepare for meltdown.  Geek
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:59pm
Ok ...
No Meltdown Js, and i'm grateful ! Smile
Everything has been entered chronologically and appears properly on the website ! Yeepee !

Just in case : if there are any chances you'll encounter the same kind of problem (for instance, i'm thinking about the huge collection of albums released by Sun Ra), please note that i've posted all the albums chronologically and in a row, without giving them any number. That's why i decided not to already enter the albums released in 2011 (six have been released and six more are to be published) ... If i enter the first six, then enter the six remaining some time after i'm pretty sure the chronological order would not be respected.

This implies that if you want to fill an artist discography with new discovered abums that you want to insert into a year where he already published more than eleven albums, the new album will be surely placed on first place.
It's not inconvenient when you know it. Now we know it.

Hope my shared experience here will help you all.
Keep up the good work, guys, this is awesome.

Thanks,
Domenico
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:01pm
Oh, and by the way : giving albums a letter is impossible.
Values accepted are only 0 to 9.
Or a blank one (the one i choosed with some luck and success) ... Wink
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 2:50am
Glad it worked for you...

I'll repost my reviews soon.
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:06am
Thanks for your reviews, Sean Wink
M@X View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M@X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:50am
Fixed, values from 0 to 99 are now accepted.

Let me know if it's ok.

MAX
Drummer View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:58pm
It do works M@x and it's great. Thanks !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic