JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recent JAZZ Purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
Arrived in the mail today

Purchased 'live' when out of town yesterday

and

Already had a couple of those, but for $20 I figure I can afford to gift em to friends

Edited by dreadpirateroberts - 09 Jan 2012 at 10:53pm
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Reviews...
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 3:59pm
Still sniffin' after some Sonny's. I don't own em' all but I am loving his 70's and 80's albums. Sure not like his earlier classics but they are stll great and it is a nice change.

the cutting edge LPReel LifeDancing in the DarkAlfie

Also on cd his latest. Still have Sonny-mania and most likely will for good now.

Road Shows 2

Haven't got Vol 1, though. Might as well start with the latest. I heard Ornie is on this one as a guest for a track
Matt
Dick Heath View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 10:12am
Fuze Impact: with an album released in November: Moscow.

Check this out as a sampler:

Franco-Russian jazz rock band out of Moscow, and looks to be 2/3rds of that elusive but good Russian band Alkotrio. The French drummer adds a new dimensions with his beats. And the bandd sound like they are having some fun playing this relatively complex jazz rock.  Distance echoes of Focus's Sylvia to be heard in the slower third track . But can find very little to fault compositions, arrnagements, advanced playing. So amused that some Fusenest correspondents went on a collective rant when they discovered that only a MP3 version of the album appears to be available in the west (at least at Amazon and Amazon.UK)  - so I assume the You Tube sample was enough to have them chasing the album, as it was for me?
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 1:31pm
Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Live in '63 and '67 DVD

I noticed it is not in his discography on JMA, so I'll add it now.
js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 1:40pm
Thanks a lot, I'm a big Kirk fan myself.
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by js js wrote:

Thanks a lot, I'm a big Kirk fan myself.

Unfortunately, the DVD I bought doesn't work very well (if at all) on any DVD player in my house.  At best, it played for 20 minutes before going super-glitchy.  Today, I arranged for the store to order in a working copy.
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm
Miles Davis - Pangaea

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 2:26pm
Fort YawuhStretching Out [Vinyl]When the Heart Emerges GlisteningNew Jazz Conceptions [Vinyl]

It cost me $10 more for the Bill Evans than the current vinyl edition. The cover is hideous on it and the one above has that classic city street Jazz look. Time to get something current (sort of) and Ambose sounds okay on trumpet with his quintet.
Matt
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 3:08pm
Own Fort Yawuh and Ambrose Akinmusire's album - really like both Smile
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by snobb snobb wrote:

Own Fort Yawuh and Ambrose Akinmusire's album - really like both Smile
I listened to some samples of Ambrose's, Slava and liked. Gotta try something new now and again LOL There are so many Jazz artists these days. Even if I played Jazz 100% I still could not hear them all.  Fort Yawuh. I do not have any earlier stuff of Jarrett's and it looks like the best place to start. Great reviews for it.
Matt
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 2:26am
Recieved:

Boris Hauf - Next Delusion
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Jazz Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 5:12pm
The Survivors SuiteSteppin Out!Lucky StrikesReturn of Sound System Scratch: More

All vinyl.  The Candy McKenzie has never been released and Trojan have printed 500 only. First heard about it reading Record Collector. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaad to have it
Matt
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 7:16pm
Bought:
Santana - Lotus

Ordered:
Coltrane - Transition
Ergo - If Not Inertia
Hit it on Five.

Stab them in the ears.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 5:53pm
Bought:

Attention Deficit - The Idiot King
Hit it on Five.

Stab them in the ears.
Stooge View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 5:37pm
The Ahmad Jamal Trio - The Awakening

Kenny Dorham - Eight Classic Albums

Abraxas View Drop Down
JMA Collaborator
JMA Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abraxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 5:44pm
^Excellent Jamal album you got there! So good.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 3:55pm
Bought:

Weather Report - Live In Germany 71 DVD
Hit it on Five.

Stab them in the ears.
triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:50pm

Dick Heath View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 7:53am
Michael Wollny's   Wasted & Wanted prompted by critic Stuart Nicholson in Jazzwise magazine very recently, rating this to be the best jazz trio in Europe at the moment. My reaction on first hearing the album: EST with more grooves????????
This is a follow up to an ACT Music recording  I got last month:
which has some really nice jazz deconstructs of AC/DC's back catalogue

Edited by Dick Heath - 07 Mar 2012 at 7:59am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
  Share Topic