JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Albums not released yet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 11:23am
Mehmet Ali Sanlıkol & Whatsnext?, “A Vicious Murder”

“A Vicious Murder,” inspired by Sufi poet Rumi and accompanied by a video mixing animation with live-action footage, is a new piece from visionary composer Mehmet Ali Sanlıkol’s new album, THE RISE UP, out now. The music is performed by his dynamic jazz orchestra Whatsnext?, conducted by Ken Schaphorst and featuring Dave Liebman. Blending jazz with influences from the music traditions of Turkey and the Middle East, THE RISE UP is split into three narratives, respectively inspired by Rumi, Sephardim traditions and the story of Sinan.

from www.jazziz.com
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2020 at 12:00pm

Ron Miles, “Queen of the South”

Cornetist/composer Ron Miles will release his new album, Rainbow Sign, on October 9. Much of it was written as his father was passing away in the summer of 2018. The album marks his Blue Note debut and reconvenes his band from his acclaimed 2017 LP, I Am a Man, with Jason Moran, Bill Frisell, Thomas Morgan and Brian Blade. Together, they perform a program of Miles originals, including the first single, “Queen of the South,” which was informed by Ethiopian pop.

from www.jazziz.com
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:31am
 Brandi Disterheft, “Surfboard” [Song Premiere]

Bassist/singer/composer Brandi Disterheft leads a stellar trio with Brazilian drum legend Portinho and world-class pianist Klaus Muelles on this take on “Surfboard.” This less-traveled Antonio Carlos Jobim comes to life in its Portinho arrangement and is a great showcase for the octogenarian’s unparalleled signature beat. “It sounds like we are trying to balance life on a surfboard,” says Disterheft about the title track of her fifth album, due out October 30, which also features saxophone luminary George Coleman on three of its tracks.

from www.jazziz.com

Edited by snobb - 31 Aug 2020 at 7:32am
snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:36am

Robert Glasper Releases New Song with H.E.R. and Meshell Ndegochello: Robert Glasper has shared a new song named “Better Than I Imagined,” featuring H.E.R. and Meshell Ndegeocello. The track will appear on his new project, Black Radio 3, due out in 2021. In addition to dropping this new track, the pianist/composer will be performing at the March on Washington this Friday, alongside Derrick Hodge, falling on the 57th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech.

from www.jazziz.com

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 8:29am

Brian Bromberg to Release Remixed and Remastered Version of Jimi Hendrix Tribute: To mark the 50th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix’s passing, Brian Bromberg will release a remixed and remastered version of his 2010 record, Bromberg Plays Hendrix, on September 14 via Mack Avenue. The album features Bromberg’s takes on some of the rock legend’s classic songs and this updated version will also feature a never-before-released original song written by Bromberg, simply titled “Jimi.”

from www.jazziz.com

snobb View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 8:44am

Melody Gardot announces 'Sunset In The Blue'

MELODY GARDOT - Sunset In The Blue cover

The American vocalist's first single is a latin-style guitar-led duet with Sting

This morning, Melody Gardot announced a new album and gave Jazz FM the first play of the first single: a latin-style guitar-led duet with Sting written by guitarist Dominic Miller titled ‘Little Something’.

Sunset In The Blue was recorded at London’s Abbey Road Studios in May this year… the first recording there after lockdown, featuring the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Melody herself on video link from home in Paris, plus musicians she had recruited online from around the world.

Sting said: “This new song – co-written by my dear friend Dominic Miller – has a simple and infectious joy, and it was so much fun to trade vocals with the exquisite Melody Gardot. I hope you can hear the smile in our voices.”

While Melody added: “While I recognise it is a big switch from my usual musical genre, I loved having the chance to challenge myself with something new… that’s what music is all about.”

When is Melody Gardot's 'Sunset In The Blue' released?

Melody Gardot's Sunset In The Blue, released on Decca Records October 23rd.

fom https://planetradio.co.uk

Edited by snobb - 07 Sep 2020 at 8:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic