JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frustrations of deletions !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Manticore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frustrations of deletions !
    Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:16pm
I have a first pressing of Beramiada by Jackie Orszacsky. This was recorded "direct to disc". To my mind, one of the best examples of Classic Fusion from a non-American. His Bass playing is funky and fluid but strikes that hard edge that drives the other artists to greater performances. The music ranges from flowing Bop to edgy Prog/Fusion.

Apart from the fact that this was the one and only album he made in the Fusion mould (he went on to be a Blues bigband leader) my frustration comes from the fact that it is difficult to recommend an album that is deleted. The few I have seen available are 'stupidly' priced (US$120-200) for 32 mins.

This is an absolute gem !

js View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 9:32pm
I'll look into Orszacsky, even if his default genre is not the same as this album, you can always apply the correct genre to the album after it has been added if it is different from his other albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic