JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Singularity Codex: Matthew Shipp On Rogueart [BOOK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Singularity Codex: Matthew Shipp On Rogueart [BOOK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Singularity Codex: Matthew Shipp On Rogueart [BOOK
    Posted: 11 Oct 2023 at 6:31am
Allen, Clifford: Singularity Codex: Matthew Shipp On Rogueart [BOOK] (RogueArt)
Clifford Allen frames the work of pianist Matthew Shipp and his collaborators through his work on the RogueArt label of 25 albums and a book with poet Steve Dalachinsky, providing insight and context into Shipp's music through photographs, essays and interviews with William Parker, Rob Brown, Whit Dickey, Joe Morris, Yuko Otomo, Michel Dorbon, and Jim Clouse.

"Book by Clifford Allen, 210 pages, in English Interviews of William Parker, Rob Brown, Whit Dickey, Joe Morris, Yuko Otomo, Michel Dorbon, Jim Clouse

A chronicle of almost 20 years of collaboration between M. Shipp and RogueArt. At the end, a book about modern/avant-garde jazz in the 21st century. Clifford Allen - Singularity Codex: Matthew Shipp On Rogueart"-Rogueart

"What I find so fascinating about this book is that even though it is about my work, it touches on so many tangents of issues related to modern jazz - the modern art world - the metaphysics of jazz language - the sociology of all this - the revivification of jazz avant- garde language that started happening in the Lower East Side before I moved to NYC, etc. etc. etc. etc. This book goes way beyond me. That I can be a conduit for this makes me proud.

That Cliord Allen is a great writer who can bring the nexus of all this together makes me feel fortunate."-Matthew Shipp

150 cm x 210 xm, 210 pages, English language.
from www.squidco.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic