Forum Home Forum Home >Jazz Music Lounges >Jazz Music News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Release of Miles Davis-inspired London Brew LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snobb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Release of Miles Davis-inspired London Brew LP
    Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 12:26pm

Nubya Garcia, Shabaka Hutchings, Dave Okumu and more release Miles Davis-inspired London Brew LP

THURSDAY, JANUARY 19, 2023

A new album inspired by Miles Davis' Bitches Brew and performed by a collective of UK jazz luminaries, under the name London Brew, will be released on 31 March 

Comprised of a veritable who's who of top names from the resurgent UK jazz scene, London Brew features contributions from Benji B, Theon Cross, Nubya Garcia, Shabaka Hutchings, Dave Okumu, Tom Skinner and more, brought together by producer and guitarist Martin Terefe and Executive Producer Bruce Lampcov.

The record reflects an emotional journey through the period in which it was conceived, having been recorded during the pandemic and after many months of isolation and the inability to collaborate in person. Recorded in December 2020 at Paul Epworth's Church Studios in London, Terefe explains how the resulting music is "sometimes uncomfortable, other times it's familiar and joyous and other times it's like deep meditation."

The album is previewed today by the release of its first single 'Miles Chases New Voodoo in the Church', of which Nubya Garcia explains, “this single is our interpretation of Miles Davis’ ode to Jimi Hendrix (‘Miles Runs the Voodoo Down’).  I’ve always been very inspired by the creative minds of both Miles and Jimi…. Both were innovators who carved their own lanes, which is something I’ve aspired to in my own career.  For a while now I’ve been experimenting and using pedals and effects with my instrument, so to be able to do that on this track, while paying tribute to their legacies, was a joy both creatively and personally.” 

Listen to first single ‘Miles Chases New Voodoo In The Church below and for more info visit found.ee/LondonBrew

from www.jazzwise.com

Edited by snobb - 19 Jan 2023 at 12:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic