JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RiP Roger Hawkins - the Muscle Shoals drummer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RiP Roger Hawkins - the Muscle Shoals drummer
    Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 12:07pm
He really died in May, but hes death has sort of been left unnoticed, I made a thread on PA (Prog Archives, he actualy contributed to one prog propper album by Traffic in 1973).

But hes funk, soul, jazz, r'n'b and pop pedigre is much much much larger.

One of the most important session drummers in the business. Perhaps the most perfect, to keep it simple and effective, he was a master at addapting hes drumming to the song.

As part of the famous FAME studios and later Muscle Shoals Studis, Alabama. He, Rich Hall, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Beckett and David Hood, with David Hood now as the sole surviving member. Part of a group of studio musicians with a spessial sense of pocket.
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2021 at 12:15pm
I reccomend listening to the spotify list "Roger Hawkins Drummer" contains some of the most famous songs he drums on
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic