JazzMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello JMA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello JMA
    Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:14pm
Hello, JMA,

I am yet another crossover from PA. I bet no one can guess my other alias.

Loved jazz for some time now, but know very little of it. My collection is rather poor, missing many obvious pillors of the genre. In a particularly jazz mood as of now, so its quite fitting this thing was created around this time. Hopefully my jazz collection shall blossom thanks to this site.

So eight cheers to M@x!
Prog Geo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Geo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:25pm
Hello! I think that you are the Man with hat on PA. The word Cannonball is a little tribute to Cannonball Adderley? 
Cannonball With Hat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:22pm
Correct on both accounts. Smile

Wanted some cool sounding jazz name/nickname to put with my usual 'with hat' moniker. Cannonball was probably the first one I thought of, and it grew on me as I kept repeating it thus I went with it. 
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:24pm
Oh, I thought you were JJLehto...WackoWink
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:36pm
Hello Everyone!! Smile
darkshade View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 6:59pm
hey!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by SaltyJon SaltyJon wrote:

Oh, I thought you were JJLehto...WackoWink

An understandable error.

Except that he created his newbie thread already. Wink
Krilons Resa View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krilons Resa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 8:48pm
Welcome. :)
That shows you the power of music, that magician of magician, who lifts his wand, says his mysterious word and all things real pass away and the phantoms of your mind walk before you clothed in flesh.
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:18am
Hi everyone, congrats. on this new project, looking forward to dig deeper, when time allows me too. 
Asmodean View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:19am
hallo mr Hatt welcome to jazzarchives
"I created these characters, and I am an Old Testament God with my fist in the middle of their lives." by Robert Jordan Auther of the Wheel of Time fantasy wonderstory

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 12:36am
Hug (to all who replied thus far)
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
The Hepcat View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hepcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 6:53pm
Welcome old friend!

I see after all the thoughts, you went with Cannonball With Hat after all.
Love it, extra kudos for ridiculous length.
My fav jazz artist is Charlie. He hangs out in the park with his sax and is a character out of the 1940's. He's not great, but is improving each day and damn he has heart. That's what its all about!
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 7:22pm
Hello fellow Jazzers Big smile
"If you're trying to be hip, be hip." - Miles Davis
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cannonball With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by The Hepcat The Hepcat wrote:

Welcome old friend!

I see after all the thoughts, you went with Cannonball With Hat after all.
Love it, extra kudos for ridiculous length.

After thinking about it it was the best one I could come up with. Tongue I also like the image of a cannonball wearing a hat.

And ThanksParty
Hit it on Five.

Saxophone Scatterbrain Blitzberg

Stab them in the ears.
The Hepcat View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hepcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 7:27pm
Yes, a cannonball with a hat would be superb, especially depending on the type of hat.

And I see you're frequenting the basement opium dens of New York again?

Edited by The Hepcat - 27 Apr 2011 at 1:45am
My fav jazz artist is Charlie. He hangs out in the park with his sax and is a character out of the 1940's. He's not great, but is improving each day and damn he has heart. That's what its all about!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic